The Employee Relations Specialist will perform a variety of duties to promote employee welfare, such as resolving employee relations problems and promoting employee health and well-being. This position will assist with personnel, human relations, and work-related problems that adversely affect morale and productivity and are a risk to the organization. It’s responsible for the administration of the employee relations, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity programs. The position interfaces with employees and government agencies.
1. Initiates and conducts timely investigations and assists supervisors in preparing documentation and making recommendations for appropriate disciplinary action regarding personnel, human relations and work related problems.
2. Assists supervisors with performance concerns and conflict management issues.
3. Conducts exit interviews, summarizes findings, and discusses trends and concerns with Director of Human Resources.
4. Explains and provides advice to employees about company and governmental rules, regulations and procedures and the need for compliance.
5. Assists in developing, scheduling, and conducting Human Resources, supervisory, and interpersonal skills training to improve employee behavior and performance.
6. Participates in and moderates meetings to facilitate communication between parties.
7. Assists in developing, monitoring, and auditing company policies and procedures and helps ensure they are kept up to date with governmental regulations and company objectives.
8. Coaches supervisors in managerial practices to ensure that disciplinary actions and performance reviews are being done properly.
9. Participates in new hire orientation and training.
10. Assists with audits and maintenance of personnel records.
11. Assists the Director of Human Resources with legal personnel matters.
Qualifications & Skills:
a) Education: Bachelor’s degree preferably in human resource management, employee management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or other human resources certifications preferred.
b) Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in a related human resources position.
c) Knowledge, Skills, Abilities: Exceptional leadership skills, including conceptual thinking, peer motivation, problem solving, demonstrate initiative, follow up and follow through. Able to work independently with excellent oral and written communication skills that are respectful, open, honest and direct. Strong conflict resolution and leadership skills. Able to facilitate the development of trusting relationships and partnerships with physicians, senior leadership, directors and employees. Able to identify and maintain confidentiality of information and circumstances when appropriate. Promote an environment that facilitates innovation, creative solutions and empowerment. Serve as a positive role model who holds self and others accountable to the highest standards.
Internal Number: 150
About Montrose Memorial Hospital
Montrose Memorial Hospital is located in a historic Colorado town on the beautiful Western Slope of the Rocky Mountains, perched in the perfect spot to serve as your base camp for year-round outdoor adventure.
As the leading healthcare facility in the San Juan Valley, Montrose Memorial Hospital offers patients personalized and professional healthcare, backed by the latest technology and practices. Along with our physicians, MMH provides services in 23 specialties and subspecialties, including joint replacement, complete cancer care, cardiology, rehabilitation and others.