The Senior Epic Cache Administrator provides technical analysis, configuration, maintenance, modification and monitoring of all Epic Cache databases. This position also leads internal application development solutions, focusing on process automation and data optimization. This position guides team in the administration and support of best practices and requirements for data storage, database architecture, tuning, maintenance and reporting, ensuring hardware/software compatibility with the cache, UNIX, and Linux environments. This individual is responsible for ensuring the databases are available, integrity checked, and backups can be restored within agreed service level agreements The Senior Epic Cache Administrator provides technical analysis, configuration, maintenance, modification and monitoring of all Epic Cache databases.
1. Lead the evaluations, installations, tests, and implementations of system hardware, software, manufacturer's maintenance releases and utilities. 2. Analyze system performance to ensure it is meeting availability and performance objectives. 3. Develop and maintain utilities, scripts, and data structures for Intersystems Cache. 4. Lead all Epic, Unix, and Linux system disaster recovery simulations as well as backup, restore, and refresh business continuity activities. 5. Maintain Epic's maintenance requirements for Cache system servers. 6. Configure, administer, and audit programmer and administrative access to Epic environments for Application support and Epic personnel. 7. Create and maintain workstation, LWS and printer mapping records. 8. Maintain Cache level security and follow IT best practices as it relates to system security. 9. Monitor and plan for Cache license usage and growth. 10.Maintain comprehensive knowledge of database administration (design, installation, and troubleshooting) of Intersystems Cache and Epic's Chronicles DBMS. 11.Proficiency with UNIX/Linux command line and associated utilities. 12.Perl/Korn Shell/Bash scripting experience preferred. 13.Handle 24x7 on-call support on rotational basis and willingness to carry a pager. 14.Extremely detail-oriented and able to lead staff in the following of standard methodologies for troubleshooting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology related field
- 5+ years of experience in a healthcare IT environment
- Perl/Korn Shell/Bash scripting
- Preferred UNIX/Linux certification
- Will be required to obtain Epic CSM (Cache System Manager) certification
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.