Senior Business Analyst - Business Development and Planning
July 20, 2018
Full Time - Experienced
4 Year Degree
Principal responsibilities will involve supporting service line, corporate, business development and other market research and strategic planning efforts, as well as ensuring reliable reporting, synthesis and analysis of data. Business development support includes facilitation of acquisitions and proforma development. The senior business development and planning analyst will utilize internal and external databases providing analysis, presentations, interpretation and recommendations of the information to customers. In addition, the senior business development and planning analyst will research and analyze healthcare trends, primary and secondary market trends as well as internal issues and trends. The position requires independent thinking, decision-making, working autonomously, using personal judgment, problem-solving skills, attention to detail and creativity.
Will conduct market research to identify businesses and business owners that through acquisition may be willing to join the Brooks network of post-acute services. Establishes contact with business owners to gauge interest in acquisition and facilitates financial and operational due diligence processes working with internal operations team. Reviews financial statements and operating metrics to develop proforma financial statements for purposes of obtaining approvals needed to move forward with the project as well as expected future performance of the business post-acquisition. With over-site from Director, works with appropriate legal counsel to develop the appropriate documents needed for purposes of the target acquisition.
• Bachelor’s degree in statistics, finance, business, healthcare administration or related field of study
• Strong knowledge of research methodology and reading financial statements.
• Must possess excellent, demonstrated written and interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
• Very strong analytical skills- demonstrable
• 4+ years of work experience preferably in a healthcare setting.
• 3+ years of experience with acquisitions and new business startup
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Master’s degree in statistics, finance, business, healthcare administration or related field of study Background and/or working knowledge of healthcare industry strongly preferred.
• Project management experience or project management training preferred but not required.
Internal Number: 2018-4928
About Brooks Rehabilitation
Brooks Rehabilitation is a $200 million, post-acute, not-for-profit health care system located in Jacksonville, Florida. The system includes the busiest physical rehabilitation inpatient hospital in the United States with 162 beds delivering world-class rehabilitation solutions to spinal cord, stroke and brain injured patients: 33 Outpatient clinics throughout NE Florida: 2, 200+ skilled nursing rehabilitation centers; the largest home health care agency in NE Florida and numerous community programs such as the Aphasia and Brain Injury Clubhouse, Stroke Wellness, Neuro Recovery Centers and Adaptive Sports programs.