Responsible for general ledger stewardship and month-end close. Reconciles balance sheet accounts. Researches, investigates and reports issues and corrections related to general ledger transactions. Builds relationships with region teams by resolving any questions, researching transactions and budget / trend variances, and communicating regularly and timely. Collaborates with other corporate accounting teams, AP, PFS, and Supply Chain on projects and other deliverables.
Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts
Reviews all income statement accounts for accruals and reclasses
Work with regions on any questions / variances of accounts
Prepares monthly roll forward schedules for accrual tracking
Responsible for tying out intercompany accounts and resolving monthly differences
Works with other teams to standardize corporate accounting procedures
Bachelors degree or pursuing Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Accounting.
* Above average computer literacy, e.g. EXCEL, WORD
* Knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations and requirements
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated teamwork skills, vendor management skills
* 1+ years of accounting experience.
* Experience required in a deadline-oriented, multi-task environment
* Experience with Meditech general ledger systems preferred, but not required
* Proven ability to interact with all levels of management and other Associates
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.