The Data Mod eling Analyst performs clinical data extraction and analytics for research projects in the Cook County Health & Hospitals System (CCHHS). They will process research data requests and ensure that the appropriate patient privacy and security policies are followed, build Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap) databases for health system projects and work collaboratively with Collaborative Research Unit (CRU) team members and the Business Intelligence group. Shares all work products by revealing code and processes to team members.
· Performs data extraction (SQL queries) and basic analyses using Stata or R statistical software
· Processes research requests and logs events
· Meets with requestors to clarify definitions
· Works with Business Intelligence to build a knowledge library around tables and queries
· Complies with HIPAA privacy and security rules for intra- and extramural data sharing
· Generates surveys and data collection forms using the REDCap software system
· Clarifies data requests and clears output with Director of Clinical Research Data Analytics
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Master's or higher in Epidemiology or Public Health from an accredited college or university (official transcripts required at time of interview)
· One (1) year of experience working with healthcare databases
· One (1) year of experience with SAS or Stata statistical software systems
· One (1) year of experience building REDCap data entry forms for research
· Proficient SQL query skills
· Prior experience with R statistical software
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
· Willingness to share ideas and code
· Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to work with a diverse group of users, including clinicians, researchers and administrators
When applying for employment with the Cook County Health & Hospitals System, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must :
Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question,
The Cook County Health & Hospitals System’s mission is to deliver integrated health services with dignity and respect regardless of a patient’s ability to pay; foster partnerships with other health providers and communities to enhance the health of the public; and advocate for policies that promote the physical, mental and social wellbeing of the people of Cook County. CCHHS is comprised of two hospitals, John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital and Provident Hospital, a robust network of more than a dozen community health centers, the Ruth M. Rothstein CORE Center, the Community Triage Center, the Cook County Department of Public Health, Cermak Health Services, which provides health care to individuals at the Cook County Jail and the Juvenile Temporary Detention Center, and CountyCare, a Medicaid managed care health plan.The system cares for more than 300,000 patients each year and its physicians are experts in their fields, committed to providing their patients with comprehensive, compassionate and cutting-edge care. Today, CCHHS is transforming the provision of health care in Cook County by promoting community-based primary and preventive care, growing an innovative, collaborative health plan and enhancing the patient experience.