Community Medical Center, an affiliate of RWJBarnabas Health System, is a 592-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital offering area residents world-class medical treatment with the comforts of hometown care. Opened in 1961, CMC has evolved into the state's largest non-teaching hospital and Ocean County's largest and most active health care facility—caring for over 24,200 inpatients, 142,500 outpatients and 81,400 emergency department patients each year. Community Medical Center is dedicated to advancing the quality of life and health of our community while delivering compassionate care for our patients. Our core values include: Compassion, Quality, Accountability, Integrity, Diversity and Teamwork.
Administrative Director of Quality reports to the Vice President of Quality and Clinical Effectiveness and is responsible for the development, direction and effective implementation of a comprehensive hospital wide quality assurance program, performance improvement, peer review, outcomes management, external reporting, accreditation and regulatory compliance. Key performance components include:
1. In conjunction with senior leaders, develops a strategic quality plan and oversees implementation across the organization. Assists the organization to develop strategic PI priorities that are reflected in the quality scorecard, cascaded throughout the organization and supported by PI resources when a need for improvement is identified.
2. Interacts, educates and collaborates regularly with Board Members and Senior Leaders to drive the quality agenda forward at CMC.
3. Facilitates and supports Departmental QA and PI structure and processes, including both clinical and non-clinical process improvement and team management activities throughout CMC.
4. Provides organizational leadership, change management, and PI education throughout CMC, ensuring adoption and use of a standardized model for improvement.
5. Ensures compliance with all data reporting activities associated with selected external quality reporting initiatives.
6. Provides leadership, guidance, and support to medical staff leaders in development, implementation and monitoring of hospital peer review program, including both ongoing practitioner performance evaluation and focused reviews
7. Develops and implements a structure for continual survey readiness, with oversight for all accreditation and regulatory activities.
8. Develops, implements and maintains a process to ensure all policies and procedures are in compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards.
9. Partners closely with Risk Management, the Patient Safety Committee and Infection Control to ensure and improve patient safety across the organization.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Nursing, or related degree required. Master's degree or CPHQ strongly preferred. Ten years of experience in acute care setting with a minimum of five years of responsibility for quality, safety and standards management.
At Community Medical Center, you will find a progressive health care organization offering a comprehensive array of wellness and medical services including world-class cancer, diabetes, emergency, and cardiac care. We are one of the area's most trusted providers of maternal and child health services, offering superior obstetric services, a Level 2 special care nursery, and a dedicated pediatric unit. We maintain award-winning centers of excellence for women, children and seniors. The centers offer support groups in addition to fitness and wellness programs, to enhance the overall health of every member of our community.