This position is an essential role in the Institute for Medicine and Public Health, which exists to connect research and teaching with policy and practical solutions. We are charged with re-imagining and amplifying collaborations among more than 50 departments, 292 faculty, 208 staff, 110 graduate students, more than 21 centers, and all ten schools. The Institute reaches across the state, nation, and the global community to translate knowledge into better health.
This role requires a service-oriented Program Manager with strong administrative support, communication and administrative project management expertise. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing various activities, including administrative direction for an executive leader with multiple roles, communication and public relations initiatives, as well as program management for assigned projects and/or activity in the Institute for Medicine and Public Health.
A global perspective and high level of professionalism are needed as this position will i nteract with diverse leaders from the academic health care field across Vanderbilt, local community, nationally and internationally. Candidates with knowledge and interest in population health, public health research and education, and/or health care are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Professional Executive Support
* Manage business details of the executive leader's office
* Provide professional administrative support
* Manage complex scheduling, travel, and meetings with high level executives, management and various boards
* Coordinate prioritization of action items by screening phone calls and emails requiring highest degree of confidentiality
* Process a considerable amount of confidential and sensitive information in support of administrative activities, which may include confidential employee issues
* Support executive leader with managing communication and public relations initiatives
* Responsible for communicating to various constituent groups on behalf of the executive leader
* Curate and publish content for various communication media (i.e. website, newsletter, social media)
* Develop and write technical documents and presentations
* Disseminate communication within and across teams
Program Planning and Management
* Provide administrative management for a professional training program
* Responsible for planning and coordination of special projects, events and seminars
* Participate in a variety of unique projects (i.e. research, education, service, community engagement, and policy) in one or more of the public health disciplines (i.e. public health, health services research, health policy, epidemiology, global health or related).
This position requires a Bachelor's degree and a minimum of three years of relevant experience.
Preferred experience and skills:
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated experience supporting an executive leader including coordination of executive level schedules, meetings, and travel arrangements
* Professional work style with high level of problem solving skills
* Strong organization, computing, and analytical skills
* Familiarity with the University's organizational structure, policies and procedures is desirable
This is a full-time position.
Salary is dependent upon education and experience.
Background screens will be performed and education will be verified prior to employment. Please be prepared to provide required information and/or documentation.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY :
The Institute for Medicine and Public Health at Vanderbilt exists to connect research and teaching with policy and practical solutions. We are charged with re-imagining and amplifying collaborations among more than 50 departments, 292 faculty, 208 staff, 110 graduate students, more than 21 centers, and all ten schools. The Institute reaches across the state, nation, and the global community to translate knowledge into better health.
Improve health outcomes for people, including reduction of morbidity and premature mortality, restoration to normal or improvement in biological processes, and satisfaction with health services.
Improve the quality of public and personal health services so they are safe, timely, effective, patient-centered, equitable and efficient.
Discover, create and evaluate new content of healthcare delivery, including more effective, efficient and compassionate methods for risk assessment, disease prevention, diagnosis, therapy and prognosis.
Design, implement and evaluate new structures of high quality public and personal healthcare systems, including federal, state and professional policies; payment systems, and organizational systems of healthcare delivery.
Design, implement and evaluate new, effective, efficient, and compassionate processes of healthcare delivery - the methods of delivering the content of care within the structure of care.
Understand and improve the impact of human and organizational behavior on the optimization of public and personal health.
Develop and implement educational and training programs that will provide a new generation of scholars and leaders in the science and management of public and personal health and healthcare delivery.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments :
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.