Your Role : Provides leadership for the creation, coordination, execution and growth of complex programs independently. Provides leadership to support programs that are expected to experience significant change, expansion or evolution over time.
A. Supervises day to day performance of staff and team activities through ongoing assessment and coaching to achieve goals.
B. Ensures effective operation of the administrative team and functions through development and supervision of processes.
C. Manages center-wide communications and activities (e.g. office closings, special events, HR initiative rollouts, professional development).
D. Manages ongoing financial and contract processing activities in coordination with Administrative Officer and Sr. Accountant.
1. Reviewing and approval of department p-cards and books.
3. Assist Administrative Officer in tracking CPPA annual metrics (e.g. updating workbook, getting update info from area faculty/area leaders as needed, etc.)
E. Participates in projects and/or on-going work activities (timelines, work plans, deliverables) aligned with area initiatives.
1. Coordination of faculty appointments/reappointments.
2. Responsible for review and approval of Kronos time cards (Exempt and Non-Exempt) and in coordination with staff and managers adjustments/completion of time cards as needed.
3. Management of CPPA facility/workspace as needed (e.g. space utilization, parking, etc.).
4. Coordination of employee engagement activities with leadership and administration team.
5. Coordination and tracking of ongoing, departmental HR functions (e.g. position management, recruiting, employee onboarding/exiting processes, FMLA, initiation of HR forms, student employment, employee performance reviews.)
6. In coordination with area managers, develop/review job descriptions for reclassifications, new positions, job postings, etc.
> The responsibilities listed here are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED): - Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
PEER LEADERSHIP (ADVANCED): - The ability to show leadership and influence people of equal rank in an effort to accomplish team goals.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (INTERMEDIATE): - Ability to utilize VUMC financial processes and systems.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (ADVANCED): - Identifies, analyzes and improves upon existing business processes for optimization and to meet standards of quality.
MENTORING & COACHING (INTERMEDIATE): - The essence of training and mentoring on the job is transfer of knowledge. Whereas training can be considered more formal and scheduled, mentoring is often in the form of guidance and hands-on experiences. The reporting relationship is unimportant since the purpose is to pass on information and experiences. These discussions normally center around a person's goal of learning job procedures, content, standards, analysis and problem-solving.
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Internal Number: 1911551
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.