Our Public Service Officer, under general supervision, provides simple to complex level security services consistent with state law, departmental policy and furthering the mission of the Baylor Scott and White Health. This role is considered a shift position which may be exposed to inclement weather, while providing a safe and secure environment for patients, staff and visitors. The Service Officer patrols assigned areas of urban hospital locations to detect any fire/safety hazards and deter the potential for crime.
The Officer can expect to perform the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance to Police Officer(s), to include assisting with arrests, when requested or when a situation warrants such assistance to maintain safety.
- Respond to various public service calls to include escorting visitors and employees to parking areas, providing assistance with stalled vehicles, assisting with unlocking vehicles and responding to parking equipment malfunctions.
- Patrol assigned areas for the presence of unauthorized persons or potential sources of crime. Reports same to communication personnel and/or Police Officers.
- Transport legal documents, valuables, medical instruments, supplies other secured articles as assigned to ensure the safe and timely transfer of valued articles.
- Respond to calls for service to include criminal offenses, civil process, hospital violations or customer service oriented requests. Intervene in disturbances and maintain general order of the hospital environment. Response will be guided by established rules and regulations.
- Provide visitors with directions and general information concerning the Medical Center or other Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) properties.
- Maintain secure facilities by ensuring various doors are locked as required.
- Unlock facilities upon receiving proper authorization.
- Produce complete, accurate and concise reports, to include criminal offenses, false fire alarms, safety hazards and general information, consistent with internal processes and as prescribed by law.
- Stay current with applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact or govern the department and organization. Stay abreast of the latest developments, advancements and trends in the security field by attending training, reading security literature and professional journals.
- Identify process improvements for producing a safer environment and improving customer satisfaction.
- Issue citations for violations of Medical Center parking regulations.
- Control the flow of traffic at designated at points of interest.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required, prefer Candidates with experience or knowledge in the field of public safety etc.
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Licensed Security Officer (LSO): Must obtain Texas Security Officer License within 90 days of hired Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
Internal Number: 20013331
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!