Play a key role within a world-class, award-winning health system. Help advance the state-of-the-art in genetic-based cancer care. Take your career in an exciting new direction. UCan do all this and more at UCLA Health.
In this potentially life-saving position, you will work autonomously as well as in collaboration with medical providers to evaluate patients and families at high risk for hereditary cancer. We’re looking to you to deliver high-quality cancer genetic counseling and cancer risk assessment as well as contribute to multidisciplinary care for patients and families. This position is an excellent opportunity to join our growing team and work collaboratively with highly skilled cancer genetic counselors while contributing to the expansion and standardization of cancer genetics care at UCLA.
We’re seeking a passionate, self-motivated individual with:
• Master of Science in Genetic Counseling
• ABGC Board certified/eligible genetic counselor
• At least 1 year of experience working with and counseling families at a higher risk for cancer
• Knowledge of principles of cancer biology and hereditary cancer risk assessment.
• Expert knowledge in the field of genetics including identification and assessment of cancer genetic syndromes, molecular genetic concepts and testing strategies and results interpretation.
• Ability to read, understand, interpret, and extrapolate relevant findings from the medical literature as it relates to hereditary cancer risk assessment.
• Demonstrated Excel, Outlook, Progeny, electronic medical record systems and risk assessment programs/models.
• Knowledge of available resources related to cancer and psychosocial support.
• Ability to deal with families in crisis and proactively identify any psychosocial concerns
• Ability to recognize, assess, and make appropriate recommendations regarding solutions or clarifications to concerns, problems, and quandaries that should present themselves with regard to patient care.
• Ability to provide own transportation and work at a variety of hematology/oncology practices.
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
At UCLA Health, you can help heal humankind, one patient at a time by improving health, alleviating suffering and delivering acts of kindness. As you do, you’ll achieve great things in your life and your career. We’re a world-class health organization with four hospitals consistently recognized among the nation’s very best as well as an internationally-renowned medical school, primary and specialty care clinics and much more. Within our dynamic, innovative and growing organization, you’ll find exceptional opportunities to make the most of your abilities in a supportive, empowering and inclusive environment. If you embrace our values of Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Teamwork, Excellence and Discovery we invite you to see all you can accomplish at UCLA Health.