The Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH) EHR Trainer performs QA and training to improve facility operations. This role develops and produces performance measurement reports and statistical data for use in gauging operational success of process improvements, coordinates, develops, and conducts educational programs to include a variety of computer systems. The BSWH EHR Trainer will regularly makes rounds to ensure compliance and to deliver just in time training/instruction where needed and implements recommended process improvement changes on a departmental and staff level to assure successful outcomes.
In addition, the EHR Trainer for BSWH has the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the interviewing, hiring, training and placement of front line staff originated by clinic training utilizing standard work methodology. - Conduct effective training programs for all phases and levels of the computerized operational systems crucial to financial and operational success.
- Develop and conduct effective training programs on operational best practices to improve staff morale, patient care, and operational efficiency, including but not limited to, instructional design, material development, train-the-trainer, and/or leading classroom/virtual learning. - Assist with the development and revision of training materials, manuals, and evaluation materials. Maintain detailed records of training programs and participants and generate accurate statistical reports. Develop and update competency curriculum with processes, as well as instruction on application used to support the career ladder for front line staff. - Develop and implement yearly assessment testing of staff on all applicable systems. Conduct comprehensive QA testing on identified measures. Ensure compliance with standard work, governmental regulations and Scott and White Policy through rounding on a regular basis and provide feedback reports to management once completed. Develop and report individual performance assessments to each employee. - Create and implement new procedures, as well as revise existing procedures as necessary. - Document and capture work flow analysis for the purpose of improving work flow and documentation for training purposes. - Communicate procedural changes to staff and management - Work closely with staff and department leaders to identify opportunities for improving hospital operations effectiveness, customer service, and financial performance. Work with departmental leadership in coordination and implementation of approved changes to assure successful outcomes on a department by department basis.
The ideal EHR Trainer will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain cooperative working relationships, with internal and external customers. Must be an effective problem solver, team player and possess strong organizational skills.
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 2 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.
Internal Number: 20015483
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!