JOB SUMMARY The Senior Project Manager Services is responsible for the management of projects of intermediate to large sizes with project teams made up of customer, vendor, SCM, and other department resources to deliver solutions and services to BSWH customers. This role leads assigned project(s) from initiation to closure by establishing project plans, project schedule, managing project resources, and monitoring and controlling the project activities to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to mutually agreed upon customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE - Assists the project sponsor/champion with project initiation and approval including development of the project charter outlining the scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, timing, and budget requirements. Coordinates with SCM Contracting on RFI, RFQ, and RFP processes and life cycle management. Identifies all impacted stakeholders, departments, and/or facilities. Obtains approvals from the appropriate Clinical and Non-Clinical governing bodies.
- Advises and mentors SCM Project Managers on SCM PMO Best Practices on the development of the initial project(plan) schedule, project kick-off, project team structure, communication, and monitoring the project performance. Participates in the development and maintenance of SCM PMO templates and tools. Utilizes project management methodologies, systems, and tools as defined by the SCM PMO. Supports SCM Portfolio Management and Training responsibilities as needed.
- Develops project plans including project schedules, scope management, risk management, communication, testing, training, and implementation plans. Ensures organizational readiness for project deliverables through adequate planning. Manages project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved. Provides a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed by resource or department.
- Solicits, monitors, and communicates project performance, status, and results to SCM Leadership, project sponsors/champions, and stakeholders and addresses or escalates issues as appropriate. Reports project status, issues, obstacles, and risks on a recurring basis via e-mail and/or status meetings. Maintains project status, health, stage, and dates within the SCM Portfolio Management Tool. Serves as a contact to SCM, project sponsors, and stakeholders regarding project progress and problem resolution.
- Coordinates the transition of the new product(s), process, or change that was implemented to the customer, department, or end users. Develops process maps, process narratives, and diagrams as needed. Supports the development of training material as needed.
BENEFITS Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 4 years experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - Project Mgmt Professional (PMP)
Internal Number: 21005113
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!