Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
Spectacular springs throughout the county
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Picks up return items following established guidelines. Performs daily par cart inventories, picks orders, confirms orders, and delivers supplies to assigned par areas. Provides feedback on par level adjustments to supply chain and clinical leadership.
· Establishes effective relationships with clinicians in assigned areas to ensure collaboration between clinical departments and supply chain.
· Creates a requisition for non-stock supplies as needed in assigned par areas.
· Ensures par areas are orderly, properly tagged and sufficiently stocked to meet customer needs.
· Properly disburses all materials to various locations in the facility as assigned in a timely manner following any established route and schedule. Special attention is given to refrigerated supplies and overnight packages.
· Maintains warehouse and other assigned areas in clean, safe and organized manner.
· Accurately completes the replenishment/picking process completing all associated computer software tasks to ensure accurate record keeping.
· Delivers supplies and packages to customers taking care to obtain location delivery information.
· Maintains conversion items and substitutes communicating with clinical and departmental staff.
· Assists with updating item locations and labels associated with product conversions.
· Participates in design or maintenance of par location item layout.
· Performs other related duties as requested by authorized personnel.
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Possesses basic math skills.
· Pays attention to detail.
· Communicates clearly and effectively in English. Can communicate directly with clinicians.
· Has computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Can identify, sort and count accurately.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Demonstrated ability to use an ERP system.
· Understands medical terminology and products.
· Demonstrates knowledge of inventory, receiving, replenishment and par level concepts.
· Ability to operate material handling equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· HS Diploma or GED or 1-year work experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 6 months in supply chain
· 6 months in customer service setting
· Peoplesoft experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
· Communication Skills: Exhibits excellent oral and written communication skills
· Critical Thinking:Methodically analyzes and evaluates business problems by defining the challenges, identifying alternatives, and making timely decisions
· Develops Self:Understands own strengths and development needs, learns from experience, and owns personal development
· Knows the Business:Understands how the business works and can identify sources of value, efficiency, and effectiveness
· Manages Quality and Risk:Understands and applies quality assurance and risk management procedures in all areas of work performed
· Service Orientation:Listens to and understands the customer, anticipates customer needs, and gives high priority to customer satisfaction
· Teams with Others:Creates an environment that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates as necessary
This position description reflects the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the principal functions of the job, as identified, and shall not be considered an exhaustive list of job responsibilities which may be inherent in the job. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The responsibilities listed may be subject to change at any time and individuals may be asked to perform duties outside of their regular responsibilities to support the ongoing operations of AdventHealth and its facilities.
This position will have responsibility for the supply replenishment process of par locations; this includes straightening, counting, picking, and stocking supplies for specific areas then completing any paperwork or computer software tasks needed to account for inventory movement. The role serves as a representative of supply chain to clinicians in their assigned areas; as such, this role must be attentive to providing excellent customer service which includes working collaboratives with customers to facilitate and manage supply replenishment process and managing par level changes as needed. The Supply Chain Distribution Tech may also be responsible for assisting in picking and delivering supplies to departments upon request, picking up items for return and general upkeep of the inventory storeroom.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.