YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Accounting Manager AdventHealth Credit Union FT - AdventHealth Altamonte
Location Address:351 South State Road 434 #1009 Altamonte Springs, FL
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Altamonte
Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time - Days
What you will be responsible for:
To maintain proper Financial records that will ascertain the financial soundness of the Credit Union, and to assist the Credit Union Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in developing and directing the short- and long-term financial affairs of the Credit Union. Also, to maintain accurate accounts and general ledgers for the Credit Union. This position supervises the accounting department.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth credit union’s core values of Honesty, Respect, Integrity, Ethical and Responsible.
· Responsible for managing the Credit Union’s day to day accounting activity as well as oversee duties of Accounting Department staff.
· Responsible for managing the Debit and Credit Card Portfolios. Also responsible for managing the relationship between the debit and credit card vendor.
· Monitor accounting principle trends, services, and all legal updates to regulations.
· Assist with preparing all State & Federal Reports and file timely as required by law.
· Directly responsible for gathering all accounting related documents for the annual CPA Audits and State Exams with the expectation of positive results.
· Must have basic knowledge of all accounting functions of the Credit Union to provide accounting support for all other departments.
· Provide Coaching and Development of Accounting Department staff and conduct annual reviews.
· Ensure that all General Ledgers accounts are accurate and balanced on a regular basis as well as monitor income and expense.
· Effectively maintain the Credit Unions investment portfolio records and assist the CFO in its (portfolio) investment management.
· Assist the CFO in preparing month end management/financial reports for Board presentation.
· Assist the CFO in preparing quarterly Asset and Liability Management (ALM) reports.
· Assist the CFO in preparing the Annual Budget.
· Assist the CFO with special projects as assigned.
What you will need
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Extensive knowledge of accounting. The ability to manage the details and still move back to the strategic level is necessary.
· Ability to develop innovative approaches and ideas, gather and analyze information skillfully, include appropriate people in decision making process, and develop and implement cost saving measures.
· Ability to provide regular performance feedback to staff, contribute to building a positive team spirit, set expectations and monitor delegated activities.
· Integrity and ability to ethically uphold organizational values, maintain objectivity.
· Ability to use technology to increase productivity, present solutions to meet member objectives, and take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
· Ability to uses knowledge of accounting principles, aligns work with strategic goals, develop workable implementation plans, and develop strategies to achieve organizational goals.
· Ability to incorporates financial analysis into strategic decisions, determine optimal remote work processes, leverage technology for improved efficiency and growth, and design workflow and procedures.
· Ability to monitors and evaluate results.
· Ability to select and use appropriate communication methods.
· Knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance and other regulations and laws related to the position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Minimum of 4 years Credit Union or Community Bank Accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years Financial Accounting experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
·Bachelor’s degree in accounting related discipline
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must pass credit union insurance bond check.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable forconsistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.