Administrative Support Associate Part Time (2 12 Hour Shifts) Days AdventHealth Dade City
Location Address: 13100 Fort King Rd, Dade City, FL 33525
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Dade City:
Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI & Resuscitation (American College of Cardiology)
Accredited as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
Primary Stroke Center Designation (AHCA)
Leapfrog Safety Grade A, Fall 2020
Blue Distinction® Center for Bariatric Surgery (Blue Cross Blue Shield)
UnitedHealthcare Bariatric Center of Excellence (United Healthcare)
Lifestyle activities and community growth
Work Hours/Shift: Part Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers phones and direct caller(s) to the appropriate person
• Takes minutes of required meetings
• Assist with setting up appointments and maintaining calendar for Director
• Assists in ordering and receiving products and supplies for the department and the director
• Direct contact for maintenance and services for the department
• Works closely with Administration and other departments within the facility
• Organizes and maintains files including patient files and historical records
• Provides support to RN’s, LPN’s and C.N.A.’s
• Process productive, PTS, and Call Back hours for payroll purpose
• Resolves issues with of Medicare, Managed Care and other third-party insurance
• Collaborates as needed with Physicians to provide education and feedback on documentation requirements to support level of care being provided
• Serves as a liaison with the medical staff and their offices, ensuring deficiency management is maintained
• Attends department and facility meetings as instructed. Attends and participates in services and training modules
• Maintains staffing schedules: distributions, communication, monitors payroll/time in the absence of the Director for accuracy of employee time and pay
• Assist with family and visitors of patients’ needs/questions and reports information to Director, CNO, Administrator and Physicians
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Advanced computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Works, and Power Point)
• Exceptional organizational skill required.
• Ability to have flexible work hours based on job assignment completion.
• Knowledge of payroll processing.
• Needs to be extremely discreet due to access to sensitive items.
• Needs to be self-motivated
• Ability to prioritize assignments
• Navi Health and online Insurance Verification sites
• Assisting/entering of charges
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Previous experience in Cerner
• Previous experience in Skilled Nursing Environment
• Medical Records experience
• Reporting Skills
• Inventory Control
• Analyzing Information
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• High school graduate or equivalent or a Associate Degree in related field
• Previous experience in a medical setting, ie. Physician Office, Hospital, Etc.
• Medical Terminology
• Working Knowledge of Medicare, Managed Care and other third-party insurance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• 1-year related experience required 3-5 or more years related experience preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
ICD-10 certified preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Current RHIA or RHIT certification is preferred
The Administrative Support Associate performs routine clerical and administrative duties. They organize files, answer phones, attend required meetings, draft messages, schedule appointments, and support to staff. Additionally, the Administrative Support Associate assists with Patient Access, Finance, and Billing duties for the unit. Ensures the efficient operation of the administrative offices by performing various responsibilities; assists facility Administrators, Directors, Nursing staff, and Director of Nursing with all daily needs/updates of the department including but not limited to clerical functions, communication and interprets hospital policy, establishes and maintains administrative files, schedules the Administrator calendar, provides clerical support for department. Reports to Director and Administrative team the daily census and FTE data for the department and other administrative duties as assigned.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.