• Manages development activities through the entire software development life cycle.
• Recommends improvements to processes and technology that improve the effectiveness of the team.
• Analyzes requirements and create specification. Analyzes current software functionality, project requirements to understand scope of work, and impact of future design decisions. Reads, comprehends, and creates technical specifications and technical documentation.
• Under the guidance of senior development team members, designs changes and enhancements to software, in line with agreed patterns, standards and framework, prior to making any changes.
• Develops and codes according to specification and design. Effectively uses integrated development environment tools, including: editors, debuggers, etc. Develops and/or modifies software to produce the desired results while adhering to AIT standards.
• Executes testing according to specification. Develops test scripts and execute unit testing. Submits software, and associated documentation, that is fully tested to Quality Assurance. Participates in the Quality Assurance testing process and fixes interface issues found during testing.
• Liaises with customers and vendors through the software development lifecycle to resolve software challenges, as required.
• Plans and implements changes, as required. Performs peer review of production migration prior to implementation, as required. Attends change control meetings to represent any changes, as required. Creates detailed implementation plan and implements approved changes into production, as required.
• Provides accurate and timely status updates to management, escalating roadblocks as necessary.
• Troubleshoots and resolves medium-impact, medium-complexity technical challenges and problems, escalates if necessary.team members on effective problem solving for learning solutions
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Deep knowledge of Web Development using HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS), CSS in JS, and React.js
• Extensive experience with React.js workflows, including Babel, NPM, Webpack, Redux, Functional Components and Hooks
• Extensive experience building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
• Extensive experience with Test Driven Development using React Testing Library and Jest
• Extensive experience working with RESTful APIs
• Extensive experience with responsive web design and cross browser compatibility
• Extensive experience with code versioning tools, such as Git, and branching/merging strategies
• Time management, communications, decision making, presentation, human relations, and organization skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Experience using Material UI library and customizing themes
• Experience with TypeScript
• Experience with Storybook JS
• Experience with Search Engine Optimization practices
• Familiarity with Sketch, Zeplin, or Figma
• Knowledge of healthcare business objectives and strategies.
• Bachelor’s degree in a field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR a minimum of five years of relevant work experience
• Three years experience in software development covering object-oriented programming
• Experience logically comprehending technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
• Troubleshooting issue resolution experience
• Experience using an integrated development environment
• Experience working with development environments and toolsets, including: database queries, data types, flat files, data mapping, programming structures, and programming logic, to solve computing problems of low to moderate complexity
• Experience of Web Development using HTML, CSS and CSS preprocessors (SASS), CSS in JS, and React.js
• Experience having code reviewed and reviewing other developers’ code
• Experience guiding decisions related to architecture, code quality, readability, reuse, performance, and resilience
• Experience mentoring other developers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Experience of at least one web based core language used by the organization: PHP, Java, or comparable language
• Experience working in an Agile environment and awareness of both Scrum and Kanban principles.
• Experience working in JIRA
• Experience with Healthcare Business Operation
Under minimal levels of supervision, the Software Developer (Web) applies practical knowledge of development to create and enhance web-based applications of moderate complexity. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. The Senior Software Developer also acts as a peer-leader and helps to elevate team members and improve their skills through continual guidance and thought-leadership.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.