The Director of Clinic Operations oversees the Medicine Specialties in the Northern portion of the Greater Austin Region. Clinic oversight includes, but is not limited to: Allergy, Dermatology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Mental Health, Neurology, Neuropsychology, and Pulmonology.
This position is responsible for providing operational leadership, management and oversight to effectively grow the clinic organization while maintaining operational efficiencies. The director is responsible for development and continuous improvement of administrative, financial, and clinical operating systems that provide support for high quality, patient centric care.
The leader will work to develop and optimize the teams performance, creating and implementing best practices. In addition, the Director will establish goals and provide oversight for direct day to day operations, resolving issues that are significant and complex. The director is responsible for preparing and adhering to clinic budgets. This person will also be responsible for providing strategic direction for the business management of practices, including establishing multiyear business plans, setting, and monitoring clinic goals, and growing business capabilities and profitability. The director has the business acumen necessary to partner closely with business and clinic leaders and had the capability to build and develop physician relationships.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Manages the activities of multiple practices in potentially geographically diverse locations to ensure efficient office operations.
2. Develops, reviews, revises, submits, and/or implements local policies, procedures, goals, and objectives for clinic practices.
3. Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels and recommends termination of assigned employees.
4. Develops practice operations budget and ensures practices are operating within budget targets.
5. May develop and manage vendor relationships and/or negotiate vendor pricing within system policy.
6. Creates and implements plans to ensure practice’s objectives are met by coordinating communication between departments and the practices.
7. Collaborates with appropriate stakeholders to maintain regulatory standards and/or to develop new clinic sites and programs including design, construction, office set-up and budget development.
8. Serves as a liaison between clinic and local Hospital Administration in achieving strategic alignment.
9. Responsible for driving practice growth including recruitment, training and onboarding of physicians and advanced practitioners.
10. Displays high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational objectives.
11. Provides oversight for management of clinic operations staff, organizing resources and assigning work to maximize goals for patient care and service delivery.
12. Provides last intervention point for resolution of patient and physician interventions. This role typically manages the scope outlined below:
Scope Level Range # Clinics Range # of Providers Range # of Staff S2 11 - 20 21 – 75 76 - 170
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Master’s degree required or equivalent experience plus five years of supervisory experience.
2. Experience working with physicians and other providers is preferred.
3. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle difficult people and difficult situations.
4. Knowledge and experience with the principles and practical applications of healthcare executive management. Includes superior knowledge of spreadsheets, financial statements and decision-making tools.
5. Experience in staff development required.
6. Excellent written and oral skills are required.
7. Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basic keyboard and computer skills.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!