YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Director Business Development Home Care FT
Location Address: 601 East Rollins Street
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time – Days
What you will be Responsible for:
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Director of Business Development is responsible for leading business development / sales efforts for home health services throughout the Central Florida Division. This position is accountable for the development and execution of all growth activities for the region, including leading and developing a team of business development representatives and liaisons. In collaboration and alignment with Integrated Health Services, Marketing, Strategic Planning and Physician Market area leads, oversees execution of annual marketing plan including annual campaigns, targeted sales tactics and goals designed to meet budgeted admission goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides direct supervision and oversight of all Central Florida Division Business Development staff, inclusive of Sales, Hospital/Community based Liaisons, Intake and Admissions
• Sets strategic goals and objectives, monitors outcomes/ performance, implementing tools, sales strategies, needed in order to reach growth targets
• Collaborates with Hospice sales teams to ensure Home Based Services alignment and standardization
• Develops and delivers ongoing training programs for staff to communicate strategies to reach decision makers in their sales efforts
• Accurately forecast monthly, quarterly and annual goals for sales territories, as well as develop metrics for tracking and assesses individual and department effectiveness
• Monitors market trends and industry best practice to develop and implement long term strategies and marketing plans to ensure year of year revenue growth
• Recommends strategies to enhance sales performance, based on outcomes and bonus-based compensation structures
• Develops relationships with referring agencies, managing key accounts, promoting smooth transitions to the next sight of care
• Works with executive team to increase community engagement and support financial growth
• Provides input for the development of all communications and collateral material that will best describe services provided by the agency, including, but not limited to, digital marketing, agency brochures, educational brochures, and advertisements
• Oversees the development of the internet presence including social media (e.g. social networking websites), Hospice of the Comforter website, online blogs, campaign landing pages, etc.)
• Works collaboratively with marketing to develop search engine campaigns and continuously enhance consumer facing websites and landing pages for SEO
• Works collaboratively with marketing for the purchase of all print and outdoor advertisements as necessary • Works collaboratively with public relations to execute annual media/PR plan; set quarterly goals for story development and push
• Creates and makes presentations to promote and support the community physicians, SNFs, community hospitals, physician groups, and rehabilitation facilities
• Supervises all Business Development staff including but not limited to: performance evaluations, timesheets, interviewing potential staff and providing required personnel documents.
• Identifies and advises leadership staff regarding community related issues and implements appropriate measures
• Takes initiative to develop and maintain relationships within the clinical department to assure effective communication both internally and externally, monitor patient satisfaction, patient focus groups, patient referral program
• Assists in the development and management of annual budget for Business Development activities and performs monthly cost and productivity analysis; prepares monthly report for leadership team
• Understands that teamwork is a crucial part of our business, and can work well with colleagues, no matter the circumstances. Using individual skills, cooperates with others, and accepts and provides constructive feedback despite any personal conflicts between individuals involved
• Attends educational and developmental seminars and meetings, as deemed appropriate
• Participates in staff meetings, department meetings, in services and other related activities
• Performs all other duties as deemed necessary by the Administrator or designee
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Previous homecare or hospice sales or intake experience
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft programs for internal and external communications, presentations, database tracking/reporting, and spreadsheet applications
• Ability to travel (up to 75%) within assigned territory and to sales meetings as required.
• Ability to use substantial judgment and analytic ability to carry out instructions, solve problems, and organize information for reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with employees, supervisors, managers, patients and family members, and health and community resources involving sensitive and confidential matters.
• Is self-directed and possesses the ability to work with little supervision.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, Word
What you will need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree required in Healthcare Administration, Marketing, Business, or related field
• Minimum of three (3) years of management experience in home health business development and/or intake operations, with a proven record of leading a team in incremental growth.
• Current or recent experience managing a multi-site / multi-territory setting
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Master's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration highly preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Florida State Driver's License
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• RN license preferred
• Sales, Hospital/Community based Liaisons
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations.
We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease.
Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear.
We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE I make safety my number one priority. I protect privacy and confidentiality. I keep my environment clean. I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
LOVE ME I treat others with uncommon compassion. I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health. I treat others with fairness and respect. I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY I help guests to their destination. I speak highly of others to provide connected care. I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses. I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
OWN IT I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations. I follow through on commitments. I use discretion with personal devices. I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
• Code of Conduct as outlined in the "Guidelines for Employees" handbook Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits.
Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.).
Can demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area. Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel.
This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.