Senior Director Physician Enterprise AdventHealth Ottawa
Location Address: 1301 S. Main Street, Ottawa, KS 66067
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ottawa
Family friendly community
Excellent cost of living
Five major recreational lakes
Many annual events and festivals
Environment committed to patient care
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Develops vision and identifies new strategic opportunities for growth
• Develops and implements initiatives to drive incremental volume in service lines aligned with the strategic plan and in accordance with the mission and vision. • Identifies practice/business development opportunities to increase market share.
• Executes all strategic plans to achieve vision timely and with a high level of customer satisfaction and emphasis on highest standards of quality and innovation.
• Develops cost/benefit analyses of new patient care services and equipment to maximize patient revenues and recommends action to executive leadership bases on analyses.
• Provides executive leadership with strategic and performance updates routinely.
• Aligns marketing activities with Business Development and Marketing leadership to promote practices in the local and surrounding communities.
• Ability to lead departments to highest levels of employee, physician and patient satisfaction.
• Ensures a high employee morale and a professional, effective, and efficient working atmosphere
• Oversee of the daily operations and general management of all practices.
• Oversee the overall operations for the routine business and clinical functions for all practices
• Oversees the resolution of any medical/administrative problems.
• Assists practice operations leaders in process improvement and implementation of best practices
• Keeps lines of communication open between practice staff and administration
• Hires, trains, supervises and coaches practice directors and managers.
• Evaluates direct reports' performance and provides appropriate guidance and feedback
• Recommends corrective action as required
• Deep knowledge of Electronic Health Records, their use in an ambulatory setting, and ability to train and implement. • Working knowledge of healthcare laws and regulations related physician offices and relationships between physicians and hospitals.
• Working knowledge of Rural Health Clinic (RHC) regulations
• Responsible for ensuring all established policies are followed by all practices
• Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal requirements.
• Responsible for all financial aspects of all practices, including revenue cycle, expenses, development and implementation of budgeting
• Analyzes financial impact of current performance on revenues and expenses and explains budget variances • Oversees patient, staff and physician surveys and questionnaires.
• Ability to communicate effectively with physicians • Interacts on a regular basis with each physician to ensure their practice business needs are met
• Creates a physician communications process
• Manages relationships with independent and employed physicians and reviews performance on a regular basis
• Indirectly manage service line leadership to the extent their involvement is required in the management of physician relationships
What You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Five years related experience
This strategic leadership position will manage the overall operations of multiple physician practices, ensuring a vision and strategy for future growth. The Sr. Director provides expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, cost effective, efficient care and all service metrics are met. Additionally, the Sr. Director administers practice and organizational policies and procedures, ensures revenue cycle targets are met, works with the Medical staff and other Directors and Administration and ensures plans and operations are aligned with federal, state, and local regulations. This job also involves the developing and planning of programs, allocating and assigning resources and duties to employees, and monitoring the activities and operations of all the practice components to ensure the practices meet their objectives.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.