Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
This is a work from home position. The ability to work from home could change per business needs. Applicant must reside in Ohio at the time of start.
Summary: The Compensation Analyst provides expertise in the administration of compensation plans for staff and management and provides support for executive and physician compensation.
Responsibilities: 1. Responsibilities include job analysis, determination of salary ranges, analysis of competitive practices related to compensation, maintenance of a compensation data base,
2. Monitors and reviews the effectiveness of current compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures.
3. Establishes appropriate salary ranges for non-management and management positions through job evaluation.
4. Processes, records, and reports compensation related actions works with the HRIS Specialist, as well as Information Systems and Payroll personnel to ensure that the HRIS is updated as necessary to reflect changes to salary programs.
5. Serves as a resource to managers, HR staff, and Administration regarding compensation issues and market trends related to compensation provides advice on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation.
6. Assists managers in writing and reviewing position descriptions, competencies, qualifications, and points.
7. Completes appropriate compensation surveys and analysis.
8. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in administering compensation programs is required.
2. Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
3. Experience in quantitative analysis and modeling is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. HRIS software is required. Compensation benchmarking databases/tools is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or related field is required Master's degree preferred.
2. Certification: Certified Compensation Professional [CCP] is preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: