RN Administrative Director Clinical Operations Home Care
Location: Orlando, Florida
Internal Number: 22002748
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:30am -5pm
The community you’ll be caring for:
Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you’ll contribute:
The Administrative Director of Clinical Operations is responsible for managing the Profits and Losses for the CFD South Division, Certified Home Care Agencies, serving an average daily census of over 1200 patients. Providing oversight of clinical operation ensuring quality outcomes, high star ratings, key performance indicator, survey readiness, and accreditation. Organizes and directs the home care agency's ongoing functions including planning, coordinating, managing and directing of all operational, clinical and financial activities of the home care departments; maintains ongoing liaison among the governing body and the staff; employs qualified personnel and ensures adequate staff education and evaluations; ensures the accuracy of public information materials and implements an effective budgeting and accounting system. A qualified person is authorized in writing to act in the absence of the administrator.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• In collaboration with the Executive Director of Home-Based Services and Chief Nursing Officer of Integrated Health Systems, provides leadership in the development of organization objectives, standards of care, policies, and procedures, affecting the programs of the organization, and actively strives to reach stated goals. • Provides oversight of the operational, clinical and financial functions of the home care departments in compliance with regulatory agencies (AHCA, CMS, Medicare COP's, CLIA) and accrediting organizations.
• Directs the implementation of improved work methods and procedures to ensure provision of care/services, managing resources in a responsible manner to ensure a productive environment.
• Works in conjunction with the Clinical Manager Home Care who is responsible for clinical oversight, quality and performance improvement.
• Responsible for the development of the operating and capital budgets on an annual basis for home health and operates the service line in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Manages and monitors the financial performance of the home health service line, monitoring for financial variances, identifying and implementing measures to reduce costs and/or optimize reimbursement, and implementing measures to maintain the department's operations in a fiscally responsible manner, including contract service management.
• Maintains all required city, county and state licenses and provider numbers for Medicare as required.
• Maintains staff at appropriate level by effective recruitment, hiring and retention efforts. Ensures that all staff members are qualified, duly licensed and/or credentialed to perform their duties in the home health departments. • Authorizes payroll and manages payroll expense within budget based on utilization.
• Plans and directs the development of resources and programs to address needs consistent with the purpose and resources of the agency.
• Interfaces and utilizes expertise of hospital personnel when needed.
• Demonstrates the ability to problem solve, make decisions, and establish effective rapport with personnel, patients, families, physicians, and colleagues for the effective operation of the home care program.
• Manages department Performance Improvement activities to improve processes and outcomes. Components include publicly reported clinical outcomes, infection control, clinical record review, Joint Commission compliance, Safety and Risk Management, and patient, physician and employee satisfaction. Reports to hospital PI Committee.
• Maintains licenses and manages payer contracts in conjunction with the AHS contracting office.
• Collaborates with the Central Billing Office for homecare regarding billing and collections processes of the home care department in compliance with regulatory and governing agencies.
• Communicates with the Advisory Council and governing body information pertaining to the clinical, operational, and financial functions of the home health departments, promoting the home health department's services in the community, and fulfilling the mission work in reaching out to the community.
• Works effectively with the Medical Director over home health, ensuring current medical director contract.
• Actively participates on committees to which he/she is assigned and carries out committee responsibilities in a professional manner.
• Duties may be delegated to Clinical Manager with oversight.
• Cooperates with other department leadership/departments to accomplish hospital objectives.
• Collaborates with Business Development to support all growth initiatives
• Ensures all business conduct is above minimum standards required by law and will not condone any activities that achieve results through violation of the law, unethical business or patient care practices.
• Improves outcomes through planned and continuous performance improvement professional growth and development of staff.
• Develops positive working relationships with staff and other functional team members within the hospital as well as with both internal and external referral sources.
• Conducts staff meetings to facilitate active communication, team building, problem-solving and training.
• Completes timely, meaningful performance evaluations and provides regular feedback and mentoring on performance
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
Knowledgeable of ACHA, Medicare, Medicaid and external accreditation guidelines
Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment. Proficient in MS office; able to create excel spreadsheets, power point presentation etc.
Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to coordinate and spearhead meetings. Interact as a speaker with good presentation skills required. Must be able to articulate and comprehend written and verbal communications.
Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership for assigning supervisory, technical, and support personnel, and to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with various Hospital departments.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to interact with the public and staff at all levels possessing positive communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Registered nurse licensed to practice in the state OR an individual with at least 3 years of supervisory or administrative experience in home care or a hospital with a Master’s degree in a related field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
â‹â‹â‹â‹â‹â‹â‹At least five (5) years of supervisory or administrative experience in home care
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Registered Nurse licensed in the state of Florida
Responsible for the overall supervision of all home care office and field staff. The Clinical Manager Home Care and other various managers will be directly supervised by the Director Home care as detailed in the department organizational chart.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.