Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 8805812
1.0 FTE, 8 Hours Day Shift
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
Responsible for ensuring the internal Human Resources (HR) service and Solutions delivery model is maximized through the supervision of the HR Solutions staff and serves as the primary point of contact for the HR Solutions function. Supervises the team in addressing employee and leader-related operational questions. Ensures efficiency and maximizes the effectiveness of the HR Solutions service center model and ensures efficiency of transactional/operational processes. Establishes standards and procedures for handling employee questions, transactions and administration of human resources programs. Coordinates services with human resources information systems, HRBP's, COE's and other stakeholders.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
- Develops and maintains HR Solutions business processes and documentation. Works to ensure effective delivery of service level agreements.
- Supervises, prioritizes, schedules, assigns and monitors work to optimize operational service. Analyzes, recommends, implements and monitors approved work-flow changes.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established goals.
- Performs supervisory functions by interviewing, selecting and providing training for new staff; by, approving or disapproving recommendations from subordinate staff on personnel actions; by, evaluating subordinates' performance; by hearing and resolving employee grievances; and by, determining the need for and initiating disciplinary action in order to ensure adequate and competent staffing for the agency, program, division or institution.
-Compiles and analyzes statistics related to HR Solutions team activities and reports on trends. Tracks call volumes and monitors quality and performance of transactional processes. Determines potential causes and develops recommendations for process improvements. Captures operational reports and provides it to the clients and stakeholders.
- Identifies and solves administrative problems which hinder effective and efficient HR Solutions.
- Responsible for the development, on-going maintenance and continuous improvement of the HR Solutions systems and processes. Maintains and improves the call tracking systems and other related technology to ensure streamlined communication within and throughout the human resource department.
- Collaborates with other HRBP's and CEO's to ensure efficient delivery of HR model (e.g. ensure that the Service Center is processing the majority of HR transactions and providing service and support to the majority of our incoming calls and e-mails from leadership and staff.)
- Leads process improvement initiatives using structured methodologies. Serves as liaison with the IT and Finance departments on shared technical issues. Supervises the ongoing maintenance and continuous improvement of the administrative business processes of human resources.
- Maintain rigorous, disciplined processes necessary for compliance with Federal, State and local regulations, laws and policies. Responsible for ensuring the accurate manual entry of vital employee related data to the human resource information system, and the accurate filing of employee related information in the human resource record system.
- Manages the selection and ongoing development of all staff members of the Human Resource Solutions Team and ensures a positive working environment is maintained through a focus on accountability and engagement.
- Responsible for updating, reviewing and maintaining all assigned policies.
- Participates in the creation, update and ongoing testing of business continuity and disaster recovery planning and preparation for the Human Resources department.
- Represents the department by participating in or coordinating committees and task forces
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience. License/Certification: None required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
- Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
- Ability to manage, organize, prioritize, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to mediate and resolve complex problems and issues.
- Ability to provide leadership and influence others.
- Knowledge of computer systems and software used in functional area.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirement related to the functional area.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, administration, fiscal and personnel management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.