IT Project Manager - IS-Project Mgmt Office (1.0 FTE, Days)
Stanford Children's Health - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Location: Palo Alto, California
Internal Number: 8433170
1.0 FTE, Days
At Stanford Children's Health, we know world-renowned care begins with world-class caring. That's why we combine advanced technologies and breakthrough discoveries with family-centered care. It's why we provide our caregivers with continuing education and state-of-the-art facilities, like the newly remodeled Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford. And it's why we need caring, committed people on our team - like you. Join us on our mission to heal humanity, one child and family at a time.
This paragraph summarizes the general nature, level and purpose of the job.
The IT Project Manager, under general direction, is responsible for managing all aspects of a project, from inception to closure. Collaborates with a project team to ensure that the project requirements are defined and a quality project is delivered on schedule and within budget. The scope of the role includes working with interdisciplinary teams that may include clinical staff, vendors, technical leads, and other departmental resources associated with the project. Must follow LPCHS' Project Management Office (PMO) standards for project management and is expected to continually seek opportunities for process improvement. Collaborates with other Project Managers and Directors on IT projects such as systems selection, design, database building, training, testing, activation and post activation activities. Must possess strong communication skills, be organized, detail oriented, and have excellent interpersonal skills.
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
Must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the hospital's policies and procedures, including its Service Standards and its Code of Conduct.
* Manages project scope and deliverables for multiple projects simultaneously.
* Leads entire projects from inception to delivery, including: feasibility, initiation, planning, implementation, systems integration, testing, training, activation support and closure.
* Manages project team to meet objectives for initiatives that are moderate to complex in scope, risk and stakeholder management.
* Identifies, documents, manages and communicates project risks, issues and scope changes to stakeholders as appropriate.
* Collaborates and communicates effectively with third party vendors. Manages RFI/RFPs and contract negotiations.
* Defines and manages project requirements and deliverables, and clearly sets expectations with stakeholders at project initiation.
* Collaborates with project stakeholders/business sponsors to develop training, testing, and activation plans to meet defined business requirements.
* Coordinates and manages workflow discussions for business, ensures documentation is complete and appropriate approvals are obtained.
* Performs analysis of project success and failures (lessons learned) to ensure continuous quality improvement.
* Manages and monitors project financials and ensures budget adherence.
* Assures a smooth transition to end users and production support.
* Develops training, testing, and activation plans to meet the defined business requirements.
* Defines and develops project governance structure and facilitates communication between stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle.
* Builds and maintains strong relationships with project stakeholders and business sponsors by providing clear and concise communications.
* Manages stakeholder and vendor engagement throughout the project life cycle.
* Resolves escalations from Associate Project Managers and Project Coordinators, as necessary.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities as well as possession of any required licenses or certifications is qualifying.
Education: Bachelor's degree in a work-related field/discipline from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience.
License/Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
Additional Information/Preferred Qualifications:
Healthcare Experience is highly desired
Epic or other healthcare applications is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
* Ability to foster effective working relationships and build consensus.
* Ability to speak and write effectively at a level appropriate for the job.
* Ability to strategize, plan and implement change.
* Ability to supervise, coach, mentor, train, and evaluate work results.
* Ability to work independently and in groups.
* Ability to flex schedule for project implementations and travel as needed.
* Knowledge and understanding of needs, goals, deliverables and interdependencies of various functional groups and departments in a health care environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of technical disciplines including; programmers, systems analyst, system administrators, enterprise architects and engineers in a complex healthcare environment.
* Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems with specific organizational business needs and plans.
* Knowledge of project management tools (MS Office Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project).
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, LPCH does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements, and where applicable, in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.