All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
You Will Be Responsible For:
• Identify API scope and compile Business Requirements Document
• Engage with 3rd party applications and vendors and coordinate meetings with application owners and Virtustream, manage follow-ups and communicate status updates to project team
• Analyzes thoroughly, proposes effective solutions for API interface projects, problem solve and production support. Perform analysis of API capabilities for 3rd party applications and completes data elements gap analysis. Reads, comprehends, and creates technical specifications, technical documentation, and other project documentation. Able to perform analysis and gather requirements with limited input or direction from senior team members. Researches and provides solutions for new projects
• Work with Virtustream, Epic, and application team or vendor to stay informed of API development progress
• Manages API integration activities through the entire software development life cycle, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live, and support.
• Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and the Epic environment.
• Creates test scripts and associated documentation. As needed, prepares project documentation for Quality Assurance. Participates in the Quality Assurance testing process.
• Plans and implements API changes. Performs peer review of production migration prior to interface implementation. Attends change control meetings to represent any changes affecting interfaces. Creates detailed implementation plan and implements approved integration changes into production
• Communicates, coordinates, and escalates issues to seek resolution. Provides accurate and timely status updates to team lead and upper management, escalating roadblocks as necessary. Coordinates and drives interface meetings with external teams and vendors. Manages API project issues to seek resolution.
• Communicates clearly and effectively with team members, other AIT teams, vendors, customers, and management.
• Troubleshoots and resolves technical challenges and problems, escalates if necessary. Proposes solutions when problems or issues arise in a project or incident. Participates in on-call involving 24 X 7 API interface support.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Ability to logically read and comprehend technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
• Troubleshooting skills and the ability to resolve complex issues
• Working knowledge of APIs, Web Services, FHIR, HL7, interoperability standards, or system integration concepts
• Research and analysis skills to design new API interfaces or enhance existing API interfaces
• Knowledge of healthcare interoperability concepts and architecture
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree - preferably in a field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• Four years of IT work experience
• 2-4+ years of experience in systems analysis, systems architecture, or programming with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development, database and middleware technologies is preferred
• 1-3 years of experience with systems integration, API, web services, or web development preferably in a healthcare IT environment
• Experience coordinating competing priorities and issues to facilitate appropriate client support and escalation of issues
• Experience working multiple projects concurrently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• SQL experience
• Experience with healthcare operations or healthcare IT.
• Experience with interface on-call support.
• Experience with project management
• Experience with Epic, API development, Web Services FHIR, HL7
Under minimal levels of supervision, the Epic API Analyst applies practical knowledge of Epic, APIs, and integration to implement APIs between third party applications and Epic. Analyzes thoroughly and proposes effective solutions for API projects and problems. Designs and coordinates implementation of API solutions and participates in thorough testing of interfaces. Troubleshoots and resolves issues. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.