Principal Application Analyst (EPIC cert required) - 100% REMOTE
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Internal Number: 2209359
Principal Application Analyst (EPIC certification required) - 100% REMOTE
JOB SUMMARY: Provides leadership for team and strategic direction of function. Leads team and manages resources of a project. Provides process expertise to customers. Understands customer needs and uses expertise to meet their needs. Conducts analysis and translates to identify trends with actionable items. Services as team lead with customers. Coaches development of staff.
Leverages Epic Certification knowledge to design best workflows for automation.
Builds directly inside customers install of Epic for end user's needs.
Performs needs analysis to define the problem that needs solving - both qualitative and quantitative.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS (EXPERT):- Is a recognized expert and authority in project communications. Established ability to relate highly complex ideas and concepts in simple, straightforward fashion. Is an expert in articulating sensitive and mission-critical information to project team members, employees, clients, and vendors. Takes a lead role in developing project communications best practices for the organization.
PROJECT COORDINATION - (EXPERT):- Is a recognized expert and authority in the Project Coordination. Recognized for consistently improving mission-critical project productivity and work processes. Takes a lead role in developing Project Coordination best practices for the organization.
PROJECT ISSUES MANAGEMENT (EXPERT):- Is a recognized expert and authority in Issues Management. Occupies the position which is the last internal resource for support or direction. Expected, as a result of the position, to have the ultimate knowledge, control, influence, and/or jurisdiction in Issues Management. Takes a lead role in developing best practices for Issues Management for the organization.
PROJECT PLANNING - (EXPERT):- Widely regarded as an expert in project planning, matching people, equipment and capital resources to meet difficult task and organizational demands on schedule and within budget for a broad portfolio of diverse projects. Clearly articulates how detail tasks and assignments contribute to the broad goals of the organization.
Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the job is in.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts extensive analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues; may involve the input/work of others.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a professional area and working knowledge of other areas.
Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized projects; coaches and guides team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.