Start the day excited to make a difference...end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.
This position is accountable to obtain and verify all patient insurance and pre-authorization information, perform scheduling functions, and collect self-pay, co-pay, and patient deductibles. The incumbent in this position is accountable to perform a variety of clerical, reception, and other support functions that will ensure timely and effective day-to-day operations and communications throughout the Medical Imaging of Fredericksburg (MIF) locations. This includes, but is not limited to, answering telephones, greeting patients, entering outpatient imaging orders, maintaining records, and monitoring flow.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Trains, orients, and provides oversight to office coordinators in collaboration with leadership
- Participates in efforts to maintain retention in the department and provides mentoring and coaching when needed.
- Maintains database(s) and ensures data integrity by monitoring data entered by office coordinators, trending recurrent issues and identifying discrepancies, facilitating corrective action and education.
- Collaborates with leadership to identify quality assurance trends and provide corrective action.
- Maintains accuracy rate in accordance with departmental quality goals, as well as ensuring proper identification checks are
- Collaborates with colleagues in one-on-one and group settings to identify concerns and recommend solutions.
- Monitors and performs cancelations/reschedule from the cancellation list.
- Maintains call center logs.
- Performs Office Coordinator coverage and duty assignment as requested by leadership.
- Greets all customers in a courteous and professional manner. Addresses customers' needs efficiently, effectively, and confidentially. Provides excellent customer service and supports the facility annual customer service goals.
- Answers telephones courteously, professionally, and promptly. Screens and transfers telephone calls or takes messages as appropriate.
- Assists in the handling of various patient financial matters.
- Schedules tests as ordered by a physician or his/her staff through appropriate scheduling software.
- Maintains documentation necessary for compliance with state, federal and other regulatory agency requirements. insurance cards and valid ID card.
- Collects required co-pays by referencing insurance cards.
- Obtain authorization information from insurances via their website as applicable.
- Monitors scheduling work-lists to ensure timely scheduling and insurance verification.
- Provides patients and/or physicians' offices instructions for proper pre-procedure preparation.
- Communicates with insurance companies to determine appropriate benefits, required co-pays, documents pre-authorizations, and prorates bills with management approval, to accurately secure proper reimbursement from insurance companies and patients.
- Maintains an organized and efficient work area.
- Associates are kept informed of activities and delays.
- Monitors appropriate reports. Maintains knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes, ensuring orders are entered accurately and efficiently.
- Enters all necessary pre-authorization documentation into Radiology Management Systems (RMS) via the revised schedule information screen to ensure correct transfer of information for billing, and efficient follow-up with patients/guarantors and third-party payers.
- Reviews pre-authorization denial reports provided by the billing company to ensure accuracy of the pre-authorization process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills. Strong verbal and written communications skills required.
- Two (2) years related experience in a call center, patient registration, patient accounts, or patient billing preferred.
- Experience in third party insurance and insurance terminology, CPT, and ICD-9 codes preferred
- EPIC EMR experience preferred.
- Previous Leadership experience preferred
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.