Location: Port Jervis, New York
The Patient Advocate plans, directs, coordinates and integrates the patient relations services for Bon Secours Charity Health System. These services include, but are not limited to, patient rights and grievance process, patient representative program, customer relations and complaint management. This position participates in education and discussion with all key stakeholders to facilitate a collaborative and culturally diverse approach to these services.
- Develops, implements and facilitates Patient Relations Program.
- Develops policies and procedures related to and ensuring patient rights for inpatient and outpatient customers.
- Develops and implements educational programs for patients, families, staff and physicians related to patient rights.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures related to Patient Rights and Patient Complaints/Grievances.
- Conducts chart reviews for billing purposes, and complaint and grievance resolution.
- Fosters and maintains a cooperative and productive clinical environment with physicians, nursing staff, nursing leadership and other healthcare professionals.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of State and Federal legislation and regulatory agencies regarding patient rights.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of and fosters understanding of the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services.
- Assists with the development, implementation, evaluation and monitoring of Patient Relations department budget and variances.
- Serves as the system representative regarding Patient Satisfaction and provides updates, changes and education related to the process.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Prior experience in patient relations or advocacy preferred. Health care experience, specifically direct interactions with patients, is highly desirable.
Bachelor's degree in healthcare field or graduation from health related professional program preferred
Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills
Bon Secours Community Hospital
For nearly a century, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY, has served the residents of western Orange County, NY, Pike County, PA, and northern Sussex County, NJ, as the area's premier healthcare provider. The hospital serves its community with 122 beds for acute care and medical-surgical services, a 24-hour emergency department, long-term care and rehabilitation, a dedicated bariatric surgery unit, behavioral health, and outpatient services.