Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System is seeking a Patient Financial Advocate 2 in the Boise Cancer Institute.
In this role you can be the "Voice of the Patient" assisting our community with their financial needs so that they can receive the medical care they need.
Patient Financial Advocates are accountable for assisting patients in accessing resources to break down any financial barriers by assisting them in applying for both federal and state programs, based on confidential financial information from the facility and patients to determine qualification for financial assistance.
Do you have experience working with insurance companies?
Do you enjoy working with people and have a desire to help your community?
This is a FULL TIME role that is eligible for our full benefits package:
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Paid time off, Sick Leave
- Life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
And so much more!
The schedule for these roles is Monday through Friday, generally during daytime clincal hours of 8am through 5:30pm.
- Under limited supervision, performs professional level support. Uses established procedures to perform assigned tasks.
- Serves as a patient advocate in providing assistance/expertise to patients, families and other external or internal contacts.
- Works closely with patients/families and federal, state and county caseworkers to ensure approval of assistance. Screen and assist in completion and submission of applications.
- Work directly with patients, doctor's offices, and hospital departments to gather sufficient information to obtain authorization and benefits collection of patient portion.
- Acts as a liaison between the patients, physicians, patient clinics, case management, centralized billing office, third party Medicaid eligibility vendor and community agencies.
- Screens patients to make the determination of eligibility for internal and external assistant programs.
- Actively participates in public presentations, county hearings, case review meetings, committees, and task forces.
- Performs advanced and/or complex duties requiring independent decisions and extensive, diversified professional experience and knowledge.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or 4 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience: 2 years relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.