Senior Accountant - VHAN (HYBRID)
The Senior Accountant analyzes and reviews financial data, prepares financial statements and reports requiring advanced application and use of concepts, theories, principles, practices, regulations, and terminology of accounting independently while following applicable regulations, policies, and procedures. This position is an integral role supporting the accounting and financial management of Vanderbilt University Medical Center's Office of Population Health.
- Manage accounts receivable for VHAN: invoicing, cash receipts, collections, finance charges, credit memos, bad debt reserve calculations and write offs
- Perform monthly and year-end financial close processes timely and accurately
- Approve and verify transactions and reconcile highly complex transactions and accounts.
- Prepare complex journal and closing entries as well as general ledger accounts.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Analyze and report income statement variance explanations
- Format, design and prepare moderate to complex financial reports and schedules as needed
- Analyze, review and present information and summary reports in a professional manner
- Evaluate and recommend improvements in accounting system procedures while ensuring accurate application of accounting principles
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Independently deliver on objectives with understanding of how they impact the results of the Office of Population Health and other related organizations within Vanderbilt.
- Ability to utilize multiple sources of data to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Accounting liaison supporting multiple entities and cost centers comprising the Office of Population Health.
- Ability to work collaboratively, in a dynamic environment, with all levels of staff and departments
- Assist with ongoing and post go-live system implementations implementation
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of VUMC accounting and financial systems
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Advanced experience with balance sheet reconciliations
- Experience with QuickBooks or similar
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience with Hyperion/Smartview
- Experience with Workday
- Knowledge of VUMC financial systems
- Ability to work well in a fast paced; rapid growth; team-oriented environment
- Successful track record of setting priorities, keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and analytic skills
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to complete routine and non-routine tasks timely and accurately
- Demonstrate personal qualities of professionalism, integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of VHAN and VUMC