International Privacy Office Program Manager
In collaboration with the VUMC Privacy Official and the International Data Privacy Steering Committee, develops policies and procedures to address cross-departmental workflows, privacy risk assessments, breach investigation and reporting, international contract clearance processes, and other topics related to processing and controlling data subject to international privacy laws. Responsible for capturing and validating data and documentation to demonstrate compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Identifies and leads efforts to continuously improve workflows, systems, and processes. Leads projects and cross-functional work groups. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of privacy and information security-related regulatory frameworks such as HIPAA and GDPR; and translates those requirements into the work processes and systems of the International Privacy Office.
- Assists with the completion and accuracy of the required elements of the International Master Tracker for research projects, training agreements, material transfer agreements, grants, and other contracts involving VUMC processing and/or controlling personal information from non-US countries.
- Assists in developing policies and standard operating procedures related to handling and management of personal data from non-U.S. locations.
- Plans, prioritizes, collaborates, and communicates information regarding projects, issues, and work plan progress to support successful completion of International Privacy Office goals, objectives, and work plans.
- Facilitates, leads, and/or participates as a member of cross-departmental committees and work groups representing the International Privacy Office.
- Develops, maintains, and improves data systems and documentation practices to demonstrate organization-wide compliance with applicable international data privacy laws and regulations.
- Assists in responding to third party audits required by applicable international data laws.
- Assist in preparation of reports and presentations to executive leadership.
- Communicates within and across departments and external consultants to maximize information sharing around progress, needs, inter-dependencies and accomplishments.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.