Associate Patient Service Specialist
Pediatric Hematology & Oncology Clinic
Provides service to patient either pre-appointment, during or post appointment with regular guidance. Responsibilities may include inbound/outbound telephone calls, cash management, appointment scheduling, process of insurance updates and patient check in/out.
- Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience)
- < 1-year relevant experience
Since its inception as a clinic in 1969 and a division in 1975, we have been dedicated to excellence in patient care, research and education in pediatric hematology and oncology. Our mission is to improve the lives of children with blood disorders and cancer, advance discovery through research, and train the leaders of the future.
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out.
- Schedules appointments through clinical communication or direct request.
- Provides positive first impressions utilizing customer service skills.
- Ensures point of service collections.
- Manages reception area, maintains orderly appearance of reception area; ensures method for accountability of each patient check-in; proactively communicates appointment updates with patients.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Sign-On Bonus Requirements:
The sign-on bonus is not applicable to current VUMC staff or former staff who have worked for VUMC in the past twelve months.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery, and patient care, VUMC is a community of diverse individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning, and leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health recognizes that diversity is essential for excellence and innovation. We are committed to an inclusive environment where everyone has the chance to thrive and to the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action. EOE/AA/Women/Minority/Vets/Disabled
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education, and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing: