JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Manager of Credentialing, the Credentialing Coordinator II is responsible for the maintenance of a streamlined Provider credentialing process as it relates to initial and/or re-credentialing, changes in privileges/specialty or demographic information, on-going maintenance and verifications of current documents, voluntary terminations, annual delegation audits, training of credentialing staff, and other duties required to maintain compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies and credentialing policies and procedures.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: High school graduation required; Associate of Arts in Medical Staff Services Science degree and/or bachelor degree preferred. NAMSS Certification (CPCS or CPMSM) strongly preferred or eligibility to acquire within 12 months after date of hire
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): Minimum of three (2-3) years of healthcare practitioner credentialing experience required.
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): None required
4. Equipment and Software Expertise: Computer, Fax, Copy Machines, Microsoft Office, Credentialing Software System, Scanners
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract)
Bilingual Skills Required: No
Writing /Composing (Correspondence / Reports )
2. Other Skills:
Analytical CRT Design Dictation/Transcription Mathematics
Medical Terms P.C. Research Statistical Word Proc
3. Work Schedule: Flexible Overtime