The Sr. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program Manager manages programs on a high level for various centers of excellence (COEs) within the HR/DEI department, to ensure the successful execution of the department's overall people strategies. The DEI Program Manager will partner with HR leaders (Organizational Learning & Talent Management, HR Health Services, Correctional Health, Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion (DEI), Employee Wellness, Total Rewards, and Employee Relations), and other system leaders to support the enhancement of organizational effectiveness and performance. They will primarily be responsible for effectively executing the DEI strategy by helping to define and implement programs that create equity across diverse populations. This includes analyzing data, creating tools, resources, or routines to bring programs to life.
The Sr. Program Manager will be a consultative solution partner to senior business and HR leaders while serving as a change agent in designing, developing, and delivering across a broad array of talent programs to attract, develop and retain the best leaders and engaged employees. They will make a positive impact through leading and organizing broad cross-functional efforts and work closely with leadership to help achieve business goals. Reporting to the VP / Chief Diversity Officer, this manager will be part of the core team that the Chief Diversity Officer leads.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and coordinate highly visible, and cross-functional programs, projects, and work.
- Develop and deploy process, routines and tools that support Inclusion & Diversity programs and partnership with the business.
- Ensure clear scope and on-time delivery across all relevant business and partner teams Build out project timelines & actions along with dashboards, presentations, and key approval milestones.
- Monitor project progress, report on performance, and proactively communicate with key stakeholders Build relationships and work cross-functionally to drive the successful and on-time completion of DEI initiatives
- Troubleshoot and identify risks while offering strategic solutions to best keep the team and the work moving forward
- Maintain comprehensive program portfolio of timing and deliverables across work Identify opportunities, address gaps, and implement tactics that will deliver desired results.
- Assess interdependencies and collision points and recommend sequencing of work to accelerate progress
- Collaborate with partners to effectively integrate Inclusion & Diversity into operational routines
- Stay connected internally and externally, leveraging data, insights, and industry trends to lead, influence, support, and facilitate organizational change
Minimum Qualifications /Education/ Work Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field
Master's Degree Preferred
Seven (7) Years Work Experience In Human Resources, DEI specific experience leading high scope projects and working with cross-functional teams highly preferred
Three (3) Years of Management Experience DEI Program Manager, Project Management or Leadership role
- Ability to build a strong network within Harris Health System and leverage resources and relationships to get things done
- Strong business and social acumen and political savviness and an ability to build consensus and relationships at all levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills across HR and business functions
- Diplomatic and articulate communication style in dealing with senior executives
- Ability to influence a broad group of stakeholders, partners, and senior leaders - without direct authority
- Ability to navigate through complex problems, analyze processes, synthesize data and results and drive toward solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Flexibility, resiliency, and nimbleness; comfortable working in gray areas
- Connects and integrates strategies across multiple spaces easily
- Inclusive leadership through strong engagement skills
- Action oriented with effective decision-making skills
- Passion for personal accountability, achievement, learning and continual improvement
Verbal/Written Additional details
Above Average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking)
Writing - Correspondence/Reports
Proficiencies: MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, Personal Computer
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Analytical, Design, Research, Statistical
Work Schedule: Flexible, Eligible to Telecommute