Location: Valhalla, New York
Under oversight and direction from the Program Director, the Residency Coordinator is responsible for the day to day administrative and operational management of the accredited/non-accredited residency/fellowship training program. The coordinator functions in collaboration with the GME Office, Attending Physicians, fellow/residents (trainees) and other institutional officials as part of the training program leadership team.
- Provides support and meets regularly with the Program Director concerning program management issues and activities and the status of projects. Identifies and evaluates the methods for improving workflow and cost effectiveness and makes recommendations to the Training Director for improvement.
- In conjunction with GME Office, applies ACGME (or AOA or CODA), other national accrediting agencies, and hospital policies to support compliance.
- Provides both administrative supervision and support to residents/interns/fellows. Acts as a liaison between residents, GME Office and hospital administration when necessary. Establishes relationships and acts as a liaison to other Hospitals, internal departments, and divisions regarding resident recruitment, orientation, program Rotation Agreements, and internal/external rotations.
- Organizes department-level trainee orientation.
- Informs residents and trainees of inter and intradepartmental policy and procedure changes, with assistance from GME office,
- Tracks, reports, and ensures compliance with procedures regarding licensing, moonlighting, extensions, annual contracts, and initial and re-credentialing of trainees.
- Manages materials for specialty-specific trainee exams and may assist with proctoring exams; completes reports required by specialty board.
- Develops, implements, and oversees the maintenance of filing, record keeping, distribution of materials, and other types of office/program systems. Evaluates and standardizes office procedures and effectively troubleshoots and resolves issues.
- Maintains databases with resident and faculty data, including New Innovations and for ACGME Programs, Web ADS.
- Maintains attendance records for program trainees, including sick time, vacations, personal and holidays and monitors compliance with time requirements for completion of training as determined by specialty board..
- Prepare and update rotational schedule for trainees; enters and maintains schedules in New Innovations; assures accurate data to support information for institutional cost report for Federal GME reimbursement;
- Manages the evaluative processes of the trainees, program, faculty, and rotations in compliance with ACGME expectations.
- Completes Annual Update of FREIDA/GME Track Program Surveys and other relevant data sources.
- In collaboration with Chief Residents/Fellows, program director ensures information for call schedule is entered in AMiON in a timely manner to meet program and institutional needs.
- Oversees all purchasing for the Training Program office/program. Assesses equipment acquisition and training needs, and makes recommendations to the Program Director. Orders equipment and supplies for the training office.
- Plans departmental annual events including recruitment, orientation, graduation, faculty retreats, as well as various meetings and program-related events.
- Organizes meetings and prepares and distributes materials for conferences and didactic educational activities; maintains attendance records for conferences. Develops brochures, invitations, or advertisements for events/lectures.
- Coordinates medical student rotations, if applicable.
- Creates and/or maintains external program advertising/media through websites, brochures, postcards, publications and other such media. Creates/edits annual publications regarding the program. In conjunction with GME office, maintains information on program's website.
- In applicable programs, maintains the ERAS database (Electronic Residency Application System) and oversees its processes during the Residency Recruitment season.
- Performs all Match responsibilities and corresponds with newly matched residents about requirements and process for appointment to WMC and other participating training sites. In applicable programs, assists with quota review and rank list entry NRMP (National Residency Matching Program).
- Tracks and processes initial paperwork for visa requests, in conjunction with the GME office.
- Verifies trainees' status and activities as needed.
- Prepares agendas/reports/forms required for accreditation (including but not limited to ACGME Web ADS updates, Self Study, Annual Program Evaluations, Clinical Competency Committee meetings).
- Regularly attends monthly Program Administration Council meetings.
- Participates in ongoing professional development thru attendance at National specialty society, ACGME and other learning opportunities.
- Assists in monitoring residents' duty hours and operative/case experience via regular review of data reports.
- Monitors work space and call areas utilized by program trainees; identifies any outstanding maintenance issues and need for updated equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Three to five years' experience in administration, and/or residency/fellowship program management, preferably in an academic health care setting, required.
Bachelor's Degree in related areas; Masters Degree valuable for large core residency programs.
Licenses / Certifications:
TAGME Certification highly desirable
Proficiency with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point). Should have excellent organizational skills, an ability to multitask, and prioritize competing priorities, work independently and handle sensitive information in confidential manner. Should have interest in medical education, and the desire to work in a health care setting. Must be comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment consisting of diverse populations of staff, faculty and resident/fellows and other administrative personnel in a manner supportive of the educational mission of the program.
NorthEast Provider Solutions Inc.