Location: Louisville, Kentucky
UofL Health, Frazier Rehabilitation Hospital - Brownsboro
UofL Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have announced a joint venture to build and operate an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
This new 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be located at 5000 Chamberlain Lane, near the intersection of I-71 and I-265 in the northeast area of Jefferson County, and will serve the growing East End of Jefferson County and adjacent counties. The approximately 55,000-square-foot, two-story rehabilitation facility will have all private rooms and focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities.
UofL Health - Frazier Rehab Institute is recognized nationally as an innovator in rehab care. For more than six decades, patients from across the world have sought out Frazier Rehab for life-enhancing treatments and therapies. The new facility is expected to help manage the growing needs of the region and will free up access to the array of specialty programs at its downtown location with one common goal - helping people of all ages with disabilities reach their fullest potential in physical and cognitive functioning.
This position oversees the revenue cycle (gross charges, patient insurance, collections, and adjustments), accounts payable and monitoring of operational efficiencies.
- Ability to perform accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations and other account reconciliations, journal entries (e.g., accrued, recurring), payroll weekly reports, general ledger, financial analysis, account reconciliations, month end close.
- Maximize the collection of medical services payments and reimbursements from patients, insurance carriers, and other sources of payment. Proactively identify, communicate, and establish processes to mitigate any risks to the revenue cycle process.
- Utilize web based tools and other available resources to facilitate providing insurance companies with required information.
- Utilize multiple information systems to accurately select the correct patient account in order to appropriately review and verify patient billable charges.
- Participate in and assist with audits to capture lost charges and determine the accuracy of billing as necessary.
- Various projects and tasks as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business.
- Experience in working collaboratively across departments or organizations.
- Knowledge of the intermediate features of calendaring and e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, Internet browsers (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Explorer preferred).
- Excellent performance in present and past positions.