Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full - Time: 40 Hours Per Week
1st Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday
Hybrid: remote with onsite requirements as needed
Applicant must reside in Ohio at the time of hire
Provides financial support to assigned Departments assisting them to meet their financial goals. Strives to meet Department goals through internal and external collaboration, with active participation on appropriate committees. Collaborates with department directors, managers, staff, medical staff, and administrative team members.
- Facilitate annual Operating Budget and Capital Budgets
- Assist with Performance Management / Variance Reporting to monitor performance to plan
- Assist with capital acquisition and tracking
- Understand Service Line reporting and Cost Accounting and provider appropriate reports to management
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Assist with education of operations staff to improve financial acumen
- Provide, as requested, analytic support to improve financial management
- Lead projects with the assigned departments
- Other duties as required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
- Experience with Physician Practices preferred.
- Experience with hospital billing data preferred.
- Experience with Fund and Grant Accounting preferred
- Other hospital experience preferred
Education and Experience
- Education: Masters degree in business or healthcare administration preferred
- Years of experience: Minimum of two years with a Masters degree or five years of relevant financial analysis
- Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: