Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Lifepoint Health is recruiting for an Accounts Payable Processor to join our Accounts Payable Department.
Under general supervision, this position ensures that all accounts throughout 46 states are paid accurately and timely; and all invoices are posted to provide accurate management reports. Assist vendors, Support Center, districts/markets, and facilities to effectively address payable inquiries. The Accounts Payable Processor will focus heavily on accurate and timely data entry of invoices.
About Lifepoint Health:
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
- Validate invoices for proper GL coding, departmental allocation, and appropriate approval.
- Process invoices, expense reports, physician payments, etc and issue checks.
- Apply correct sales tax code for tax accrual, tax inclusion, or non-taxable item.
- Coordinate vendor setups including OIG/GSA screening, obtaining completed W9 submission, identifying 1099 reportable, and confirm completed Business Associate Agreement when necessary.
- Archive document images within SAP using OpenText Imaging software.
- Support AP Help hotline and e-mailbox via delivery of excellent customer service to all lines of business.
- Assist operations as needed in special projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications. SAP a plus.
- Ability to key data accurately and quickly.
- Good analytical skills.
- High level of professionalism, empathy, and courtesy.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude.
- Exceptional customer service skills and attitude.
- Comfortable working in a team environment or independently.
- Basic math and accounting skills to make bookkeeping entries or to post transactions.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 0
Skills and Abilities:
- Business Mathematical Skills -- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Foundational Computer Skills -- Frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Foundational Communication Skills -- Simple messages communicated orally. May write brief messages and keep simple records. May explain and offer guidance on routine procedures.
- Job Specific Impact -- Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
Nature of Problems
- Routine Business Problems -- Problems encountered are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures.
- Foundational Judgement -- Results are defined and existing practices are used as guidelines for how to complete work activities; works closely with supervisor/manager who provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Foundational -- Prioritize assigned and routine tasks. Handle appropriately.
Physical and Mental Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment and Travel Requirements:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, paid time off, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
Lifepoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 1 year related experience and/or training