All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Team Based Nursing Model*
Reimbursement for the NCLEX*
* Nursing or BU specific benefits and perks
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Office Relations Specialist works independently with minimal supervision in deploying and maintaining specific physician relations and other projects of simple to moderate complexity. Is the subject matter expert in AdventHealth applications accessed by office staff, including the hospital-based Secure Web Portal and results routing, and provides guidance, training, and support on the applications to facilitate efficient workflow. Has technical skills to implement, assess, evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical incidents and requests. Provides current, detailed, and concise documentation (including troubleshooting and steps to resolution) in the computerized tracking system. Performs research for reported issues in the physician’s office. Conducts weekly, monthly, and quarterly office visits for new and established physician offices in defined geographical regions. Serves as a change agent for the physician office personnel. Responsible for evaluating and processing computer access requests based on defined security position guidelines. Actively participates in ongoing technical and application training as applicable for this role. Engages in professional development and training with team members. Actively participates in outstanding customer service including in-person meetings, consistent timely follow-through and accepts responsibility for maintaining relationships with physicians and office staff. Works alongside physician relations, AIT, physicians, and physician office managers.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Serves as the primary resource person for the hospital-based Secure Web Portal that connects to information stored in the AdventHealth EMR system for physician offices and staff.
• Has knowledge around Electronic Medical Record functionality and with web-based applications for post-acute settings, and other key applications for physician office staff. Conducts proactive weekly, monthly, and quarterly office visits in assigned geographical regions.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of the Secure Web Portal that connects to information stored in the Advent Health EMR system and baseline knowledge of various applications that are supported by AdventHealth.
• Has technical knowledge and assesses, evaluates, diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves technical incidents and requests. Competent in the utilization of remote connection tools to assist in analyzing and solving issues.
• Performs research for reported office issues and works collaboratively with cross-functional teams to obtain resolution. Knowledgeable about views to validate that accurate results routing is set-up to ensure accurate report delivery and avoid interruption of service.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Advanced knowledge of Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, and office staff workflow (CPOE and documentation) with a conceptual and practical understanding of various training techniques for users with various learning styles
• Industry experience with electronic medical records or other complex software systems
• Competent conflict management skills
• Communication skills both written and oral, are professional and follow a defined escalation process
• Is accountable for the realization of goals and defined metrics
• Methodically analyzes technical problems by defining the challenges, identifies alternatives, and making timely decisions
• Understands own strengths and development needs, learns from experience, and owns personal and professional development
• Creates an environment that is positive, service-oriented and that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates, leadership and Providers to achieve outcomes
• Basic competency in Microsoft Office Applications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
• Experience with Epic or other comparable EMR
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Associate’s degree
• Experience in troubleshooting hardware and software issues to resolution
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Business/Healthcare related field
• Experience evaluating and analyzing EMR features and functionality for problem resolution – Minimum 2 years experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current valid driver’s license in state of primary work locale
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
• Professional certification relevant to the field
At AdventHealth, Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ is our mission. It calls us to be His hands and feet in helping people feel whole. Our story is one of hope — one that strives to heal and restore the body, mind and spirit. Our more than 80,000 skilled and compassionate caregivers in hospitals, physician practices, outpatient clinics, urgent care centers, skilled nursing facilities, home health agencies and hospice centers are committed to providing individualized, wholistic care.