Location: Miami, Florida
Oversees the operations of Precision Medicine (PM), manages staff, and ensures PM initiatives and programs are on track and within the budget.
Job Specific Duties
- Manages operations of precision medicine programs and undiagnosed genetic diseases clinic.
- Manages and makes decisions for day-to-day operations of projects, including the resolution of technical problems and questions from staff.
- Ensures completion of the deliverables for the active projects.
- Oversees internal and external collaborations and business partnerships.
- Translates strategy into executable plans, timelines, and deliverables.
- Oversees staff and ensures policies are followed and training is completed. Ensures all staff administrative requirements and certifications are completed and current.
- Oversees genomic and research data management, storage, and utilization and ensures data repository growth as an asset.
- Oversees and supports preparations of contracts, grant applications, and vendor agreements.
- Monitors the progress of programmatic activities and ensures objectives are met and on budget.
- Establishes department processes, policies, and guidelines.
- Mentors, develops, and trains staff and manages activities, including evaluating performance and conducting regular/annual performance meetings.
- Conducts hiring and disciplinary actions in partnership with the senior leadership.
- Participates in department and programmatic budgeting and planning. Monitors and reports on P&L for the department and the clinic.
- Evaluates opportunities to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of department operations and services and activities.
- Prepares reports and presentations.
- Oversees financial transactions and activities.
- Facilitates precision medicine growth within NCHS and as a regional leader in pediatrics.
- Works with Nicklaus Children's Foundation and hospital finances department on reconciliations.
- Contributes to high level discussions with funding agencies and research teams within organization and with collaborating organizations.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in life science, nursing, or communication
- 4-7 years of experience managing, designing, and executing research, clinical programs, clinics, or services
- 4-7 years of experience leading and managing operations of a team in healthcare settings
- 4-7 years of experience with research projects and communication with IRB
- 4-7 years of experience developing and managing budgets
- 4-7 years of experience with electronic medical records (EMR) and familiarity with clinical documentation in the healthcare industry
- Experience in a healthcare and human subject research setting
- Experience negotiating service contracts and research collaborations contracts
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work independently in accordance with established objectives.
- Understanding of principles of the clinical and research genetic testing, benefits, and risks.
- Able to negotiate and manage time commitments and resources.
- Able to acquire and maintain knowledge of systems and databases.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Able to develop and present professional reports and presentations to senior-level audiences.
- Ability to work well in a complex environment with the skills to establish priorities, set objectives, and achieve goals.
- Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment with demonstrated cultural sensitivity.
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus
RI - PERSONALIZED MEDICINE-2100-380720