Location: Miami, Florida
Provides diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical, and preventative care under the supervision of a surgeon. Assists the surgeon in the global management of patient care in all peri-operative settings. Completes pre-op tasks including physical examinations and recording health history. Orders appropriate laboratory and radiographic tests. Participates in daily rounds, writes progress notes, conducts patient education, writes prescriptions, and prepares discharge summaries.
Job Specific Duties
- Performs comprehensive and problem focused history and physical examinations.
- Performs first assist duties.
- Provides pre and post-operative surgical care.
- Conducts daily hospital rounds.
- Writes orders and progress notes.
- Initiates emergency resuscitation and stabilization as necessary.
- Orders appropriate laboratory tests, radiological studies, and consultations.
- Participates in committees, research, and special projects related to specialty area.
- Participates in quality improvement program.
- Formulates and implements treatment and therapeutic plans for hospitalized patients.
- Performs procedures as demonstrated through competency.
- Orders and/or prescribes controlled and non-controlled substances for inpatient/outpatients (DEA required for controlled substances).
- Assists with call.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited Physician Assistant program (Required)
- PA - Physician Assistant Current and valid Physician Assistant licensure with the State of Florida
- NCCPA - Ntl Commission on Certif of PA
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS American Heart Association (AHA) BLS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- PALS - American Heart Association PALS American Heart Association (AHA) PALS - must maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
- BACKGRD - Level II Background Check
- Must maintain current continuing education requirements as specified by the American Academy of Physicians Assistants (AAPA) and the State of Florida Regulatory Agencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families, and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to problem solve, formulate a plan of care, and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus