PRMO Established in 2001, Patient Revenue Management Organization (PRMO) is a fully integrated, centralized revenue cycle organization supporting all of Duke Health, including Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, the Private Diagnostic Clinic, and Duke Primary Care. The PRMO focuses on streamlining the revenue cycle through enhanced management of scheduling, registration, coding, HIM operations, billing, collections, cash management, and customer service. The Mission of the PRMO is delivering quality service by enhancing the patient experience, providing financial security, and preserving Dukeâ€™s reputation and mission of advancing health together. Our Vision is to be recognized as a world class innovative revenue cycle organization that values our people, patients and performance.
General Description of the Job Class
Perfo rms specialized health information activities necessary to organize, mai ntain, and use electronic patient health records. Positions at this leve l have high customer service, strong analytic and problem solving skills , require interpretation and explanation of policy and internal requirem ents related to health record documentation and completion, Medical Staf f Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and organization-wide functions and poli cies and procedures. Specific job responsibilitiesare based on the serv ice unit within Health Information Management assigned and include: Perf orms HIPAA compliant screening of incoming requests for protected health information of our patients, distribution of medical records, deficienc y management to assure compliance with federal and state regulatory and accrediting body requirements for health record content and timely compl etion and document management to include the capture of health records in an electronic format. Excellent computer skills are required to comple te basic to intermediate tasks within Maestro Care, Solarity, Hyland OnB ase and other related applications
Duties a nd Responsibilities of this Level
Document Management Functions:
1. Maintains the integrity of the Clinical Data Repository (CDR) with supe r user knowledge and general understanding of workflows between Hyland OnBase, Solarity and Maestro Care related to scanned document archival. P erforms the following per Duke Policy:
Responds appropriatel y and timely to simple customer inquiries regarding scanned document ind exing and location (20%),
Performs document corrections (leg acy, date of service, document type or patient) within one system (20%).
2. Performs internal quality audits of Duke S taff (Document Management HIM Associates) and external vendor staff. Use s SolarityWeb reporting modules and Microsoft Excel to conduct manual re views to ensure the selected batches meet predetermined patient-safety c riteria (20 %).
3. Identifies scanning is sues before errors are made accessible to patients and providers. Perfor ms initial error triaging by coordinating error resolution efforts betwe en patients, clinical personnel, Duke Health medical record storage vend or, Document Management HIM Associates, and HIM Document Management Lead ership (15%).
4. Coordinates timely routing of clinically-relevant patient medical records coming in through various i nbound sources including email, virtual print, and shared-drive location s (10%).
5. Assists the Document Management Te am Lead with HIM Associate workflow and assignment coordination based up on standard operating procedures to meet unit operational objectives (10 %).
6. Other duties as assigned (5%).
High school or GED diploma required
2 years of experience in Health Information Management, Document Management, or Healthcare Related Field required Associates / Bachelors Degree in Healthcare, Business, IT, or Related Field can substitute for 2 years' experience Associates Degree in HIT preferred
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
As a world-class academic and health care system, Duke Health strives to transform medicine and health locally and globally through innovative scientific research, rapid translation of breakthrough discoveries, educating future clinical and scientific leaders, advocating and practicing evidence-based medicine to improve community health, and leading efforts to eliminate health inequalities.