Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you skilled in procurement and have an IT background? Do you enjoy partnering with vendors and crafting business relationships? MSK is looking for a hardworking Procurement Analyst. We are seeking candidates to be a leader in communicating with internal customers and external vendors regarding the IT software, hardware and services supply chain life cycle. This includes making decisions on technology purchases, providing quotes, placing and tracking orders, as well as collaborating with internal technology staff re deployment activities.
- Be responsible for the purchase of approved hardware, software and IT services while adhering to MSK procurement, security and financial guidelines.
- Be responsible for the review of purchase requisitions/checking for accuracy; generating purchase orders and following order through to receipt of product.
- Collaborate with partners to ensure clarity of specifications and expectations of the business unit
- Be confident negotiating price, payment terms and delivery timescales to achieve targets and increase savings for our customers
- Stay current and up to date on market changes that may affect the supply and demand of products/services.
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, make valuable contributions, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- 3+ years of purchasing experience and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures, preferably within the IT procurement field
- Proficiency within Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with an ecommerce platform, preferably Coupa
- Experience with Smartstream, Cognos and Smartsheet is a bonus
- CPSM Certification a plus
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range $51,900.00-$80,500.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.