Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and closely aligned with the Chief Compliance Officer, the Financial Modeling Analyst will apply financial modeling tools to provide input and advice on business appraisals and decisions such as acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, service line growth, or other investments. The position requires an innovative problem solver who can derive insights from data, develop financial models and forecasts, and communicate those concisely and effectively.
- Develop demographic and competitive databases to proactively identify growth opportunities
- Alongside the CFO and COO, assess growth opportunities, both proactive and reactive
- Analyze and determine geographic opportunities for investments across the care continuum to increase catchment area; primary, specialty, surgical, inpatient.
- Create virtual working teams to support various stages of diligence and negotiations.
- Develop models to assess readiness/capacity of growth: space, people, financial capital.
- Work with marketing and branding to better understand investments and returns and how to think about those in conjunction with expansion initiatives.
- Convert unstructured data into meaningful datasets for use in modeling, forecasting and analysis.
- Build financial models and scenarios that inform strategic business decisions.
- Evaluate current and potential projects or investment opportunities through financial modeling, forecasting cash flows, calculating financing capacity and determining project risks and mitigation strategies.
- In addition to strategic projects and decision support, develop ad-hoc analyses that enable operational decisions and maximize ROI, identifying key financial and non-financial risks, and recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.
- Serve as the day-to-day point person for all financial modeling needs.
- Assist in preparing accurate analysis for management and the senior leadership team.
- Communicate outcomes of financial analysis in visual (presentation) and narrative (formal report) forms.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies in work process and innovative approaches to completing scope of work.
- Other tasks may include assistance with expanding the modeling and analytic capabilities of the organization. The opportunity to recruit and develop a team is likely.
- Demonstrated ability to apply modeling and analytic tools to deliver insights to senior leadership.
- Proficiency in using state-of-the-art financial modeling tools, demonstrating in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- Demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Ability to provide best practice financial modeling guidance to team members to ensure the completion of work deliverables at the highest level of quality.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to align with established Finance teams and support fundamental accuracy.
Primary Internal Customers:
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Regional Presidents
- An advanced degree in a quantitative discipline.
- 5-plus years of financial modeling experience.
- Experience in healthcare economics a plus.
- Moderate travel expectation.