Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, ID or Twin Falls, ID is seeking a Medical Librarian to join our Clinical Learning & Student Services team.
The Systems & Electronic Resources Librarian will lead the library's efforts to create a user-friendly, streamlined online presence, managing the library's systems and electronic resources.
- Provides expert library technology administration and management with specialized knowledge of library systems, resources, and middleware, including the ILS, discovery system, online databases, proxy server, link resolver, etc.
- Provides training and education to other library staff on the library's technology platforms and systems; provides timely, courteous, and efficient library technology assistance and training to patrons.
- Creates and maintains documentation of library systems, processes, and procedures.
- Coordinates and maintains the library's electronic resources in collaboration with the Collection Development Librarian.
- Serves as the technical liaison with health system technology representatives and vendors for library technology and related systems.
- Participates in redesign and quality improvement of library processes and programs.
- Resolves access and connectivity issues in collaboration with health system IT and vendors.
- Explores, evaluates, and recommends new library technology applications, trends, and best practices; leads and manages implementation.
- Performs assessment of library technologies and web services.
- Provides front desk reference and circulation services as required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: Master's degree in library science from an ALA program with an emphasis on medical librarianship OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience: 1 year of experience
- Licenses/Certifications: None
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.