PBX Communications Specialist
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Overnight or Evening Hours Weekends
Shift: Relief, As Needed
Location: 9100 W 74th Street, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you’ll contribute:
The PBX Communications Specialist is responsible for operating the Facility switchboard consoles and for circulating applicable communications via mass paging systems for the region – in a high call volume setting. Performs most hospital overhead paging, monitors and responds promptly to all codes and alerts, fire alarms, tests and drills, and emergency situations-using proper procedure, and promptly answers and forwards all phone calls, internally and externally, to the proper extensions or persons. Responsible for communication of critical emergency response teams, as required. Responsible for facilitating paging of chaplains and various on-call teams for various areas. Provides directory assistance services for staff, patients, families and physicians, as requested. Records daily events on various report logs. Facilitates and screens international call requests. Effectively demonstrates the mission, vision, and values of AdventHealth throughout each and every interaction.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Meets call / customer service-centered standards.
- Answers and transfers incoming calls both timely and accurately - following call processing procedures
- Responds quickly and accurately to all Codes, Alerts, Drills and Testing following proper procedures
- Documents all event details timely and accurately
- Executes all communications timely and accurately
- Remains current and knowledgeable in all applicable hospital, code, departmental, and policy updates.
- Compliant to all departmental policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned