Location: Nashville, Tennessee
This role is a Temporary job opportunity to assist the Talent department team. The HR Workday Coordinator will report to the senior talent director with Workday system task needs. In addition, they will assist with HR and Talent needs.
*Have Workday experience preferred
*Excellent skills with all Microsoft systems preferred.
*Leadership support experience preferred.
*HR administration experience is preferred.
*Great communication skills.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8 am-5 pm.
Benefits: Medical benefits available through TempForce
- * Assists with the evaluation, assessment and triage of customers' HR needs in person, over the phone or via email.
- * Gathers information and/or documentation to understand the needs, expectations and identifies HR issues and concerns.
- * Provides accurate and timely information to leaders and SDT regarding the appropriate application of HR policies and procedures.
- * Maintains data and information systems used in the analysis of human resource needs and issues. Ensures accurate, complete and timely availability of data.
- * Works on special projects as assigned.
- * Assists in the development and delivery of communications and training programs to customers.
- * Participates in the review and analysis of HR processes and procedures.
- * Makes recommendations for process improvements and systems enhancements to better address customer needs and improve customer service.
- * The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
- * Project Management (Novice): Planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives.
- * Employee Relations Knowledge (Fundamental Awareness): Knowledge of Employee Relations that can deal with a wide variety of employee needs and concerns, such as employee communications, policies and procedures, morale, employee participation in management decisions, conflict and grievance resolution, unions and Employee Relations.
- * HR Compliance (Fundamental Awareness): Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- * Ad Hoc Reporting (Intermediate): The ability to access information from databases and prepare reports.
- * Analytical Skills (Novice): The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
- * Human Resources (Novice): Knowledge of various components of human resources which may include human resources management, the recruitment process, skills development and tracking, benefits administration, training, compensation, organizational development, and compliance with associated government regulations.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center TempForce (TempForce) was created to connect temporary talent to areas throughout the Medical Center. TempForce places diverse and skilled personnel to departments across the Medical Center. In any given year, TempForce fills a wide variety of temporary requests including pharmacists, administrative/clerical roles, medical assistants and more.
We support each other and encourage excellence among all who are part of our workforce. High-achieving employees stay at VUMC for professional growth, appreciation of benefits, and a sense of community and purpose.
* Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precendent.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas. * Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services : - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality : - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Relevant Work Experience
High School Diploma or GED
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.